Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Cool beans, Cirias. I'll add you later today.

(NOTE: unstuck thread. Just too many other threads up there.)

EDIT: sorry! Forgot you all can add yourself to the graph!

Blog Entries
    How do you add yourself to a graph?

Anyways, Red 5 checking in. There are 29 days this February, so let's say it will be 8,990 words. Right now I need to be scoring 538 more days today to be on target.

Blog Entries
    Hey Vir, I'll send you a PM on how to do it.

caught in the whirlwind of my imagination
    I had a bit of a slow down over the weekend. A discussion I had with a friend made me question how I was going about the development of some of my characters. Thankfully, it's nothing I can't correct with a few short additions here, extensions of a scene there. Couldn't do anything all weekend while I puzzled this out. But now I think I've got it. Nothing to add besides that, I'm hoping to have those corrections made over the next few days and to be back on track by next weekend.

Blog Entries
    Looks like I'm at around 4200k words which is a big start for me. (had some time to kill waiting for people to check out houses during a day of open for inspecitons... I work in real estate. 12 pages of hand writing which is around 350 words).

It's a bit different this time round. I'm writing from the bad guy's point of view. Not sure if I like the character being down right evil with no redemption later on. The book after this will be the finalle (this is book 6 that I'm writing now), so he may get his comeupance in the very end, but he might not. All I know is that he is some piece of work.

Will be interesting to see if ppl actually enjoy reading it when all is said and done considering in his case there is no redeaming features and no happy ending in site (unless he gets killed by the good guys so that's kind of a happy ending from the good guy's point of view).

Blog Entries

HAAAPPPPY MONDAY EVERYONE!

Have you been writing?

I got a lot of editing done over the weekend, but alas, no writing. This week is dedicated to writing in my free time so we'll see how far I get.

@ RedMage - hope you can get back to your tasks soon and churn out those chapters

@ MLSawyer - you are an inspiration!

@ Everyone else - ya all still kicking?

Locked in the Golden Cage HellsGuardian's Avatar
    Nothing yet for me, had a breakdown just before the weekend so I've been busy.
    Still, there's the rest of the month to get rolling again.

I haven't written anything, I seem to have issues with my next sentence. It's the pinnacle of my story where everything snaps and changes the readers view of all previous information, relevant or otherwise. Probably as soon I get through this one important sentence my word count will increase dramatically.

Regarding my pen and paper vs. computer writing request, I've decided to stick with pen and paper for now and for this draft. After that, I'll go ahead and switch to the computer/laptop. Thanks for everyone's opinions!

caught in the whirlwind of my imagination
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShad3-0w View Post
    I haven't written anything, I seem to have issues with my next sentence. It's the pinnacle of my story where everything snaps and changes the readers view of all previous information, relevant or otherwise. Probably as soon I get through this one important sentence my word count will increase dramatically.
    Have you tried writing the sentence and it's just not coming out right? If you want opinions/help, you could put a couple of versions up here. Complete, of course, with the paragraph before and after (if you've got it) to give some context.

Wanna join

Hi Guys,

Can I join in now?

Thanks,

Menaka

Well, I've reached 3424 words - the most substantial bit of writing I've produced in months. Wrote an entire chapter yesterday and am hoping to get another completed today. It's going nicely so far...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by menaka View Post
    Hi Guys,

Can I join in now?

Thanks,

Menaka
    Hello Menaka! Of course you can join. I'll send a PM message with the instructions on how to get to the graphs. Just put a little note in the thread just to publicly commit yourself to your goal and we are good to go.

Glad you have you with us!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirias View Post
    Well, I've reached 3424 words - the most substantial bit of writing I've produced in months. Wrote an entire chapter yesterday and am hoping to get another completed today. It's going nicely so far...
    WOOHOO!!! That's great, Cirias. Keep up the good work.

thanks for including me

Hey tmso and the rest of the gang,

Thanks for including me in this. I am getting back to writing after a long time, so i am afraid i'm a bit rusty.

So, this month's target for me is ten thousand words.

Thanks again, and all the very best to everyone!