Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    I'm still here and slowly making progress. I took two days off to work on a rough map so I can visualize things a little better. I'm now up to 10,341 words. Only another 15k to go... fingers crossed.

caught in the whirlwind of my imagination
    Quote Originally Posted by virangelus View Post
    Vacation... I wonder what that means? Is it fun? Can you eat it?

Anyways, my University swallowed my soul, in particular my Previsualization class has completely slapped me over a barrel and is OWNING me right now. Last night I just finally gave up the ghost and SLEPT. I had to at some point, right? I think I'll take up eating again too.

I'm behind on my goals at the moment. A little break is good right? But now I have to write 500 words a day to finish. I think it's doable, provided my one professor stops hammering me. I strongly suspect that some professors believe students ONLY have school as a responsibility.
    From my own days in college (not that long ago but, they are in the past now ) I remember professors who thought the class I had them for was my ONLY class. So, good luck Vira! Only a couple more months to go!

Managed to pick up the pace a bit yesterday and wrote 948 words. Not doing so well so far today though - I seem to be hung up on picking a name for a new character I've just introduced. Normally, I'm happy enough to stick with a placeholder name if I can't think up a suitable name to begin with, but this time I just can't seem to settle with that.

OK! I am in the game!

(Not this game, at the moment, but an even bigger game)

I sent out my first submission ever tonight, maybe 20 minutes ago, for my Return of the Red King novella. I don't know how, but I stumbled on a publisher last night that is accepting stories from 5k-15k words. My novella is 18.5k but I said, what the hell, that's close, maybe they'd be willing to look, and threw it out there. I've been looking for a publisher that would even look at it (due to its length) for about 9 months and haven't been able to send it anywhere. Now I have! Wish me luck!!

Blog Entries
    Good luck Redmage. Me, I managed to get a flash fiction in this month and have written some more words... not sure how many, I'll count the pages later to see if I've reached my goal.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hey Everyone!

Here's the updated graph:

Looks like everyone is churning out stuff. RedMage is re-vamping and BrightStar is editing.

MLSawyer is knocking out the flashes.

Cirias, your word count is impressive, I know you'll make your goal.

I managed to to finish two great outlines/synopses (I think they are great now, I'm sure in a couple of weeks I'll be moaning about how crappy they are). One is roughly 10k, the other about 8k, and I managed over 3000 words on one of my WiPs. So, I'm happy.

I see that HellsGuardian and robotosuar haven't updated their numbers. Do you need me to do that?

Menaka, I've updated yours. Still haven't figured out the password that you need because I've just be distracted. I'll get it all sorted out for next month. But you are doing great, just keep at it!

We got three more days to write for Feb - keep it going, all.

Although it's been a slow start for me this Feb, and I've only actually written on 8 days this month, I'm rather pleased with my progress. In total, I've written 5341 words. Normally, I'm struggling to write that much over twice as many days. This change in direction is definitely proving to be a very wise idea.

I've been saying for months that I feel like my main character has lost his voice; now he seems to have gotten it back and I can't shut him up!

Hey guys, I've reached 12205 words as it currently stands. Does this keep going right through March as well? I'm hoping so. Although I'm getting married, I do have a two-week honeymoon which I'm sure will be filled with lots of reading and writing

Blog Entries
    Happy New Month everybody!

I unfortunately fell just short of my goals, but that's alright, I still feel proud that I managed to get through a whole chapter (I'm on Chapter 4 the next time I start again). I think it's still an accomplishment considering that my Professors are trying to kill me. To top it off, I'm battling the flu So, I'm getting murdered at both ends here. If I participate in a goal this March, I will have to dial it back quite a bit.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is it march already?!?

How did that happen...

I'll get up the new spreadsheet and transfer over everyone's name (or if you get to it before I do, go for it!).

Please state your new goal MARCH 2012. Here's mine:
    23,000 words (20,000 for my wip and 3,000 for three new flashes)

Still not sure on my goals but, I did have an epiphany last night.

My revamp wasn't working out, I could outline and visualize but not actually write it and incorporate it into the story. It just didn't go with the flow. I took a look at my book's condensed, one page outline last night and, for the first time, saw just where the protagonist's plotline dropped off. Got some ideas after that for fixing the whole thing. The first revamp would not have solved the problem. The new one should.

So I'm in prep mode still. Outlining and the such. But now I have some ideas that are actually working within the story. I'll let you know how it goes...

For March, put me down for 10,000 words, please! Time to get it back in gear!

Blog Entries
    A few goals this month. 10k words again for my current wip, enter the FF and get my first few chapters of Silence Rising into the critters queue (they require some work)...

Feb, I'd say I achieved my goal of 10k though I couldn't be bothered going back to count the pages I've written to work out if I actually got 10k or more. It feels like I wrote a lot and that's enough for me

10,000 words for me. Didn't meet my February goal, but I'm ready for March!

I actually did make my goal in a last minute sort of thing. I wrote up to 21,354 words. so yay

I will go in for 10,000 words, this month may be more busy than i would like.