Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    it could be worse Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MLSawyer View Post
    I wrote 6 words today... just 6. My appointment arrived earlier than expected. Oh well. I did get my short story in so yay for that.
    Well, that was more than what I did today. And congrats on finishing the short story!

I'm still on track, thanks to some long hauls I managed over the weekend.

Glad to see the progress some of us are making.

RedMage - I hope things get sorted out for your story soon.

Wulfen - I hope some unexpected time comes your way.

BrightStar - you are a beacon for the rest of us, we will keep following!

Only 10 more days this month, folks. Keep going!

I'm up to a total of 13,567 words now for this month.

Still working on chapter eight though. I think it's probably going to be one of the longest chapters in the WIP so far.

That bothers me a bit, because I'm a slight "neat freak" and I would much rather everything was more "balanced". But really, the chapter will be as long as it needs to be. Most of my chapters average about 3 - 5 pages. This one is 6 pages already, and I doubt it's even half finished.

I wasn't able to work at all since Thursday working like crazy on a really intense competition so my word count hasn't increased and won't until the day after tomorrow because I am taking a break to relax.

My writing slowed down somewhat over the weekend--I think it was time for a much needed break, and I just couldn't seem to manage a single word (even when I did force myself in front of the computer). I had an inkling that the problem was because (yet again ) I'd sent my character off in the wrong direction, and my lack of progress was because he just wasn't talking to me.

I finally realized Tuesday night what the problem was, so set about fixing it yesterday afternoon. Now I'm up to a total word count this month of 14,994 words. So I'm only a few off from hitting my goal of 15,000. Yay!

caught in the whirlwind of my imagination
    I have no new writing to report. I was really hoping to have made my goal of 5K words by today. But that was a week ago. Now I know it won't happen. Seems that I've got a strong case of writer's block. So, for now, I think I'm going to skip committing to anything for the next round of this in April. Though, I am curious as to who is going to be putting up a thread and running it....

it could be worse Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My apologies, everyone. I have dropped the ball on this one.

It sounds like BrightStar is the only one chugging away.

I've managed to meet my goals, but I've been swamped with more work in the past two days and doubt I'll be able to get back to writing for some time.

If we languish next month, I'm sure someone will take up the charge at some point.

Continue writing for those of us who can't, people, write!

And have a happy April 1st.

Blog Entries
    Good luck with it all tsmo. Certainly know how busy it can get. Off to work this morning (on a sunday ) but I can't complain too much since I put my hand up for it (we bought a new house that's a rather large improvement on our current one and if I don't want to live off beanbags - then I need to earn some extra cash as unfortunatly my novels haven't gone harry potter... yet... we can all live in hope )

Happy writing for April everyone.

Got to around 7000 words. Don't know how much I'll keep, but at least, there's something to show for my efforts. April should be better, I think. Keep up the great work everyone!

Pro Bono Graphic Designer virangelus's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I... I got slam-dunked by school and I'm still not out of the woods yet. I don't think I'll be sighted on this forum until 2nd week of May.

Until then, keep writing my friends. Love you all! Take care.

I ended up beating my March goal of 15,000 words by 229. So I'm pretty pleased about that.

But, I'm not so sure whether I'm going to even be able to get halfway near that this month. I've set myself a goal of 2,500 for now. It seems pathetic compared to what I managed in March, but in all honesty I think even 2,500 might be more than I can manage this April.

Hopefully, if things don't go as well this month, I'll get back on track in May. April has barely begun, and I wonder whether I might start feeling a bit more positive about how much I can get written once I actually start making progress. I feel like I've hit a bit of a writer's block at the moment.

I've been working so much on this chapter: editing and re-editing it, and trying to get it all right. It's starting to all blur together in my mind, and writing it is getting harder and harder by the word. I've been adding, editing and deleting so much of it that I've started losing track of what's actually written, and what's not!

almost made it, i had issues getting to a computer within the last few days but i ended up making it up to around 9 thousand words.

So far this month, my total is 2779 words. I'm hoping to reach 3,000 by Thursday, but after Thursday I probably won't be able to write for a week or so. My aim is to use the time before then to finish up the current chapter I'm working on. I think I've finally done as much with it as needs doing --- now it's just a case of ending it.

Ending this chapter has proven to be a bit harder than I had expected though. Most of those 2779 words that I've written so far this month are failed attempts to finish this chapter. I've ended up deleting the majority of what I have written. Despite several attempts to finish it, I still haven't actually figured out the right way to end things. Either the chapter drags on too slowly, or it ends much too quickly and seems awkward and unresolved.

Chapter endings and beginnings seem to be a bit of a weak point for me - I always end up struggling with them.