Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Star Wars the Phantom Menace in 3D

We're about a fortnight away from this being released.

What do people think?

I'm going to use this link as a prompt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=T69ftWNg97U

IMO Picture-wise, it looks great: voice over dialogue, oh dear....

Does this confirm people's fears or make it worth watching (possibly again.)?

Mark
    Mark

Never been thrilled with 3d and I'm surprised Lucas is willing to remind people about Episode 1 at all. I love that there's a Star Wars movie where Liam Neeson is a jedi master but man there are some real issues in that flick.

Carl Alves
    I'm looking forward to taking my seven year old son Max to see it. He's watched all of the Star Wars movies except Revenge of the Sith. It should be pretty cool.
    Carl Alves

Count me in only if Lucas has edited the film so that it is now just two straight hours of Darth Maul light saber duels.

I like to rock the party Corporal Blues's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Count me in only if Lucas has edited the film so that it is now just two straight hours of Darth Maul light saber duels.
    Agreed, that movie had waaay too much Jar Jar and pod racing.

I didn't mind the pod-racing actually.

Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Never been thrilled with 3d and I'm surprised Lucas is willing to remind people about Episode 1 at all.
    Ditto. Apart from Darth Maul it was the *comic book guy voice* "Worse Star Wars movie EVER!"

I'm sure we've all wanted to reach into the screen and wring Jar-Jar's pencil neck, or slap Mannequin Skywalker, or poke Qui Gonn in the eye for his epic fails (worst Jedi Master EVER) but it's still not enough incentive to sit through it again.

I am looking forward to taking my kids to see it on the big screen - in 3D no less! Yes, even with Jar Jar. Thing is my kids think he's great so what can you do. I am jazzed to see the OT with them the most though. Too bad we have to wait.

Never been thrilled with 3d and I'm surprised Lucas is willing to remind people about Episode 1 at all. I love that there's a Star Wars movie where Liam Neeson is a jedi master but man there are some real issues in that flick.
    My real question is, how many different versions of these films do we need?

I still don't understand why we need 3D films at all to be honest, never mind another remake of this one which was, to be blunt, utter shite the first time round anyway. Ah well, I suppose the kids like it.

Jo'ou-sama no Shimobe James Carmack's Avatar
    I'm a bit of a rarity among some corners in the fandom in that I actually stuck with Lucas through the prequels, but the more he fiddles with the flicks, the less I can bring myself to care. I don't froth and foam like some. I simply treasure the theatrical cut DVDs of the Original Trilogy I have and call it good.

They're going big on the promotion over here in Japan. The 7-11s have got Phantom Menace stuff everywhere.

Who here saw the news post where Lucas claimed Han never shot first? It was just bad editing. (It was like he didn't think the apostasized fans were frothy enough or something.)

Quote Originally Posted by James Carmack View Post
    I'm a bit of a rarity among some corners in the fandom in that I actually stuck with Lucas through the prequels, but the more he fiddles with the flicks, the less I can bring myself to care. I don't froth and foam like some. I simply treasure the theatrical cut DVDs of the Original Trilogy I have and call it good.

They're going big on the promotion over here in Japan. The 7-11s have got Phantom Menace stuff everywhere.

Who here saw the news post where Lucas claimed Han never shot first? It was just bad editing. (It was like he didn't think the apostasized fans were frothy enough or something.)
    I agree, my set of original DVDs, from the original cut of the films makes me happy

You're surprised? Lucas sold his soul to the money gods long ago. He'd probably release a black and white, silent film version if he thought he could make a few mil off of it.

3d movie trend = horrible
    ep 1 = horrible

so, no, not going to see this one :P

Quote Originally Posted by GoodEyeSniper View Post
    You're surprised? Lucas sold his soul to the money gods long ago. He'd probably release a black and white, silent film version if he thought he could make a few mil off of it.

3d movie trend = horrible
    ep 1 = horrible

so, no, not going to see this one :P
    It is such a shame he showed such promise with Star Wars (4?).
    Money can be such a devil in hollywood

Too many books to read... Siberian's Avatar
    Even though I actually like the prequels (it's easy on DVD as you can skip through some embarrassing moments), the thought of watching Jar-Jar in 3D just makes me sick...