Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Jar-jar in 3D, very strange. Has there been any talk about the post Retun of the Jedi trilogy?

I actually loved this movie and the other two prequels. Jar Jar was a bit annoying but it wasn't enough for me to not like the rest of the movie.

Jo'ou-sama no Shimobe James Carmack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzionFilmz View Post
    Has there been any talk about the post Retun of the Jedi trilogy?
    This article is a bit old but here: http://techland.time.com/2010/10/25/...d-your-breath/

I read a more recent article that Lucas is refusing to make any more specifically because of fan backlash over the prequels.

http://web.test.breitbart.com/Big-Ho...nchise-on-Fans

So if you really like the direction Lucas has been going with the franchise since '97, you're going to have to learn to live with disappointment (much like those of us who haven't been the keenest on what Lucas has been doing with the franchise since '97).

Jo'ou-sama no Shimobe James Carmack's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzionFilmz View Post
    It is such a shame he showed such promise with Star Wars (4?).
    Money can be such a devil in hollywood
    If you ask me, it was less about money and more about fame. When Lucas was an impoverished indie director back when he made the Original Trilogy, people from top to bottom were questioning him and challenging him the whole way. By the time the Prequel Trilogy came around, Lucas had become so gigantic that there weren't as many people questioning him anymore (and those who were were probably shown the door to make room for more flatterers and yes-men).

Watch "Empire of Dreams" sometime and see Mark Hamill's screen test. He struggles with the clunky dialog as it's written and eventually just pitches it to adlib the scene and give a far more natural delivery. It's stuff like that that can make all the difference. Also consider Harrison Ford's blunt criticism of the original script: "You can type this s***, but you can't say it." You try telling me any of the prequel cast could've (or would've) talked like that to Lucas' face. (Liam Neeson, maybe, but he's about it.)

And as we see from the above, Lucas has become more thin-skinned as of late and if he was holding the pursestrings then he really didn't have any reason to do things any different than he had. Well, he'd probably like to toss in more CG and ridiculous dance numbers, but I'm sure he's got people working on that as we speak.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, he'd probably like to toss in more CG and ridiculous dance numbers, but I'm sure he's got people working on that as we speak.
    Well, there's the TV series in 2013?

The recent Red Tails script shows (again) that Lucas does the SFX well, and the script badly. American Graffiti is pretty good, actually.

It is often said that Empire works better because Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan refined Lucas' ideas, and possibly because Lucas wasn't directing!

And there is a point that when given free rein, we get Ewoks and Jar Jar Binks... not to mention Midichlorians.

But when it boils down to it, it is, for good or worse, his vision, even if we dislike it personally.

Mark
    Mark