Help with the name of a 90's book series...

I read a few books of a series back in the mid-90's and can't for the life of me remember their name (or the author).They were basically about the protagonist (can't remember anything about him) and his side-kick (a sort of reptilian humanoid, wise-cracking mercenary type, and I think had the ability to jump dimensions) getting into various tricky situations and managing to worm their way out. I also think they lived in a shop within a bazaar/market. The tone was quite light hearted and funny and thats basically about all I can remember.

If anyone has a clue what I'm on about please help because Google has proved fruitless and its been nagging me!

Thanks...
    Last edited by tkke; February 10th, 2012 at 10:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tkke View Post
    I read a few books of a series back in the mid-90's and can't for the life of me remember their name (or the author).They were basically about the protagonist (can't remember anything about him) and his side-kick (a sort of tough guy mercenary type, and I think had the ability to jump dimensions) getting into various tricky situations and managing to worm their way out. I also think they lived in a shop within a bazaar/market. The tone was quite light hearted and funny and thats basically about all I can remember.

If anyone has a clue what I'm on about please help because Google has proved fruitless and its been nagging me!

Thanks...
    Not entirely sure -- the dimension hopping doesn't sound quite right -- but it sounds like Fritz Leiber's Fahfrd and Grey Mouser stories. They are reissued every so often, and have titles beginning with the word Swords ....

Randy M.

Thanks for your reply Randy. Have had a look and thats not the one I'm looking for. The series is more modern than that, I'm guessing released in the nineties. Will keep looking!

I should probably also mention that the sidekick is a sort of reptilian humanoid who's a bit of a wise cracking tough guy...

The search is off!

What i was looking for was MythAdventures by Robert Lynn Asprin and Jody Lynn Nye.

Phew...

Way Too Human
    Wow...even as I was typing to say that's it's probably Myth Adventures...you figured it out.

I loved those stories.