February 15th, 2012, 07:34 AM
Almost forgotten 1980s or 1990s contemporary fantasy
Can anyone help me to track down this trilogy?
What I remember:
- Set in modern American city - New York?
- A prince (?) from fairy realms somehow crosses over
- He is found by a young woman
- She notes the stitching on his clothes would have driven a whole nunnery blind
- She curses herself for getting involved and makes a reference to Capt. Kirk and the Prime Directive
- The trilogy seemed to be 'light' in character
I can't remember the author or series or any of the books and, now that we have ebooks rather than physical bookshelves, I'd like to go back and complete the trilogy.
February 15th, 2012, 10:49 AM
its been a while since Ive read that book... so I might have it mixed up with another....
Try the Amber series by Roger Zelazny
February 15th, 2012, 12:03 PM
I think actually you may be thinking of Esther Friesner's 1986 novel New York By Knight, which was then followed by Elf Defense and Sphynxes Wild. (Interestingly enough, Friesner also did Star Trek tie-in novels in the 1990's.)
February 15th, 2012, 02:35 PM
the more I think the less I lean towards Amber..., ack
February 17th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Thanks for the suggestions
Amber? No. Never (yet?) read them.
Esther Friesner? Maybe, I need to look out a copy of the first.
May 14th, 2012, 11:37 AM
Could this be Peter David's Knight Life? I'm guessing probably not or you would have mentioned the Aurthurianess.