Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No problem.

I'm sure others may be thinking the same thing, so happy to try and explain things when needed.

Mark
    Mark

Hello there!

It's been quite a while since I've actively posted here, but I still lurk around when I need book recommendations. anywho, I have an issue and I thought of this place.

I have a ton of books. Not a bad problem to have, but these days I am 100% an iPad reader. So i have all these physical books i will never read. My house is small, and I'm looking to find a new home for all these books where they will be used and appreciated.

I don't want to go through the hassle of selling these. They are mostly MMPBs and won't fetch a lot on eBay. I know sffworld has a long standing rule on no book sales, but what if I wanted to just give some away, with the donee covering shipping costs?

My other option was to take them to the goodwill, but I was getting sad and nostalgic packing them up today, and would feel better if they went directly into the hands of an SFF lover.

Thoughts? Thanks!

Blog Entries
    Lovely thought, Jack.

What I would suggest happens is that people contact you through PM if they're interested and you arrange details that way, although anyone undertaking such a process understands that SFFWorld has no involvement/reponsibility with such transactions*.

(*reading from the legalese book of issues*)

Thanks again, though.

Mark
    Mark

What do I do?

Hey there! I am desperately trying to find ways to spread the word about my first completed/published/now available science fiction book. And I was wondering (since I am the kind of person who tends to botch things up if he doesn't have specific/clear guidelines) how and if I can do that in this particular area. Mind you, I have no intention of doing so anywhere on this forum except for the promotional area, so there's no reason to worry about that. I'm just getting desperate to see this not become another in a long list of failures. And I'm willing to walk right up to the line (but not cross it) in order to see that this succeeds.

Blog Entries
    Basically, Sam, you can mention your book here in the Promotion Zone. We would like you join in elsewhere in the Forums as well, but any other posts you make should not be with the intention of promoting your wares. Members often come down quite hard on that.

M.
    Mark

Blog Entries

Awesome

I think this forum is a great idea!!

Members' book promotions?

Hi, All!

I found this loverly thread as I was exploring the site. I was just as excited about the opportunity offered to talk up one's own work - until I saw the July 2013 date on the last post. Everyone in the thread seems so happy to have a promo forum - but apparently no one has taken the first step? Ummm...what am I missing?

Promo Zone?

Say, has anyone ever actually POSTED anything in the promotion zone? It's such a great idea - yet no one seems to have posted anything they're promoting. Kinda scary that I'm here responding to my own post.

Still...in the hopes somebody will LOOK, here's my newbie member promo, such as it is. I'm looking for suggestions for places to market my debut sci fi novel Home World. BIT ON THE BOOK: this is most definitely NOT hard sci fi. Much more along social sci fi lines. What I'm hoping for is that members on this site would glance through the freebie chapters to get an idea of the story & then maybe suggest sites that cater to readers who'd enjoy this kind of sci fi. (I hope that makes sense.) Put another way, my goal is NOT to push my book under your noses with a hawker's cry, but rather to enlist your greater knowledge of what's 'out there' in helping me reach folks who are most likely to enjoy this kind of story. To which end:

Home World is now live on Amazon. The link is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

I know - there's a way to shorten the link; I just don't know what it is.

Here's hoping -
    Bonnie Milani

Quote Originally Posted by bonniemilani View Post
    Say, has anyone ever actually POSTED anything in the promotion zone? It's such a great idea - yet no one seems to have posted anything they're promoting. Kinda scary that I'm here responding to my own post.
    Clearly, you haven't looked in the Promotion Zone because people are posting their stuff there daily:
    http://www.sffworld.com/forums/forum...Promotion-Zone

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Clearly, you haven't looked in the Promotion Zone because people are posting their stuff there daily:
    http://www.sffworld.com/forums/forum...Promotion-Zone
    Hello bonniemilani!

I'm afraid Rob is correct. This thread (the one you posted in) is to ask questions regarding the rules of the Promotion Zone sub-forum.

If you want to post something about your book, you can start a new thread within the Promotion Zone (big blue button that says +Post New Thread). I hope that helps.

Would it be inappropriate to use the zone to post about the story I'm serializing on my blog? It's not exactly published, so I wasn't sure if that would fly and wanted to check first.

Blog Entries
    Can't see why not, Rich. It's your work and as long as it's generally genre related, it should be fine.

Appreciate you checking, though.

M.
    Mark

WriterBLAlley

Thanks

Great idea to keep our begging and pleading out of the general forums while allowing readers to easily find new things to read.

Thanks

Would be writer? Sure. Davis Ashura's Avatar

Separate threads

Once I have a promotion thread, do I always have to use that promotion thread or can I start a new one. For example, the thread I have is for A Warrior's Path, but I have a short story collection coming out, and I wanted to start a separate thread for it. Can I do that?

Blog Entries
    Can't see why that would be a problem, Davis: I'm others have done that!

Appreciate the check though.

Best of luck with the new release!

Mark.
    Mark