Stephen King Movie Adaptations

Just wondering how many of you out there typically watch Stephen King's movies after you read the books? I find that I either love them or hate them. It seems that they are either really great blockbusters or total B-rated movies.

I loved The Green Mile, Shawshank Redemption, Stand By Me, Pet Semetary, The Shining, Carrie, Delores Claiborne, Secret Window and 1408.

I hated The Graveyard Shift, Storm of the Century, The Mist, Thinner, Rose Red, and Misery.

What do you guys think of his movies?
    Last edited by kater; March 1st, 2012 at 01:51 PM.

Blog Entries
    I liked The Stand more than most of his other movie adaptations. I kind of forgot about Shawshank Redemption and Stand by Me which were both excellent!
    The others to me seemed sort of so-so or just plain bad but I will say that the real breakthrough for King both in print and at the movies was Carrie. It also helped launch the careers of Sissy Spacek and John Travolta. It was a huge deal when it came out though looking back at it now from our jaded future, it's hard to see why. King's next novel Salem's Lot was much better and was scarcely noticed at that time. Now it's hailed as one of the great vampire novels of modern times.