Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Another first entry I hope you enjoy it - loved the theme!

The Mechanism:
    http://sffworld.com/forums/showthrea...613#post677613

Quote Originally Posted by Schjoenning View Post
    Another first entry I hope you enjoy it - loved the theme!

The Mechanism:
    http://sffworld.com/forums/showthrea...613#post677613
    Welcome, Schjoenning, glad you found the theme interesting

Here is my entry Amuse a Savage Kit

http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showt...670#post677670

Still a couple of days left, right? I really need to focus my story down to, well, a single story. Time to bring out the large scissors, I suppose...

EDIT: Middle of the night seems to be a good time for me. Here's A Favour Returned. Probably not really finished but it´s a working draft.
    Last edited by imaster; March 11th, 2012 at 07:08 PM.

Eight entries in the running so far. Seems like a great turnout for this month

Where can I find the rules for the FF contests? More specifically rules about publishing stories before the contest is over and the number of votes I am allowed to give?
    Last edited by Schjoenning; March 14th, 2012 at 05:09 AM.

Where can I find the rules for the FF contests? More specifically rules about publishing stories before the contest is over and the number of votes I am allowed to give?
    There are not really any set in stone rules, as far as I'm aware. Due to the number of entries we've received this month, I'll most likely give everyone two votes for the winner (a separate thread will go up after the contest's closed). With regards to publishing stories before the contest ends - how do you mean? I wouldn't think that entering a piece of writing into the contest would affect you wanting to publish it (or anything else) in any way.

It used be that the stories were posted on the main site stories section/public section. But the reason FK set up the stories section within the writing forum and made it so you can only read the stories if you're a signed in member is to avoid any possible conflicts a publisher might have with anything you wrote and posted here; just in case they considered the open public viewing "previously published".

Once you've loaded the story on a thread, you have every right to take it down... many people take down their stories in case they wish to submit them in the future. So if you get it published elsewhere, you can always edit the original thread, and then it's like it never happened.

As far the rules, the winners of the previous month are makers of the new contest and make up the rules for the stories as well as the voting thread for that month. So story needs as well as voting methods change every month; usually based upon the number of entries or something new the King or Queen wants to try. The voting methods are almost as intriguing as the themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero_Blue View Post
    How many Hounds does Culann have? Are you going to publish something like Saberhagen's Swords series?

Quote Originally Posted by Cirias View Post
    There are not really any set in stone rules, as far as I'm aware. Due to the number of entries we've received this month, I'll most likely give everyone two votes for the winner (a separate thread will go up after the contest's closed). With regards to publishing stories before the contest ends - how do you mean? I wouldn't think that entering a piece of writing into the contest would affect you wanting to publish it (or anything else) in any way.
    Thank you for the answers

I meant if I am allowed to put my story up elsewhere before the contest is over

(and yes, I know that I can actually just do that, and nobody would know, but I'm new here and and don't know the practices of the forum. So it's merely a matter of courtesy)
    Last edited by Schjoenning; March 15th, 2012 at 03:16 AM.

Thank you for the answers

I meant if I am allowed to put my story up elsewhere before the contest is over

(and yes, I know that I can actually just do that, and nobody would know, but I'm new here and and don't know the practices of the forum. So it's merely a matter of courtesy)
    Well, we greatly appreciate your courtesy Always best to check these things out. Good luck for the contest!

Speaks fluent Bawehrf zachariah's Avatar
    The Mirror Test

Also: Deleted scenes! Alternate Endings! Production notes! A bonus story! All for the one-time bargain price of nought noughty-nought!

Blog Entries
    Sold! For the price of
    nought noughty-nought!
    I'll take 10.

After some delays - those kids and their silly soccer - here is my entry:

Gridlock
    Last edited by Wilson Geiger; March 20th, 2012 at 12:40 PM.