Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I think the Reapers were trying to indoctrinate Shepard but he was actually on the Citadel. I don't know why everyone who buys into the whole indoctrination idea seems so gung-ho that everything that was shown was complete fabrication. I think the Reapers are more sophisticated with what they can do, tweaking what you experience here and there, than ramming Shepard into an all-out fantasy would suggest.

BTW, I don't mind all that, I don't even mind meeting holoboy, it's the locked-in no-going back outright disappointing outcome that follows from that point that gets me down. I'm fine with everything until you're forced into 3 bad choices with unreliable information that all lead to a conclusion that can only be a letdown unless you really didn't care about everyone you met and hung out with and everything you learned for 3 long games.

Another quote from Casey Hudson before the ending was publicly known;

"This story arc is coming to an end with this game. That means the endings can be a lot more different. At this point we're taking into account so many decisions that you've made as a player and reflecting a lot of that stuff. It's not even in any way like the traditional game endings, where you can say how many endings there are or whether you got ending A, B, or C."

A youtube link to the 3 endings of mass effect playing simultaneously;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelM2hwhJA

Says it all really.