Seeking source of older short story

Can anyone help? The story was of a woman who made a strong rapport with an alien, who alas gets sucked into a black hole while helping her. She founds a monastery/convent on the moon to pray for the soul of the alien.........

Thanks people
    Neil Whitehead

Black hole ingests alien

May not be the same story, but I read one, I believe by Larry Niven, about a human and alien who were telepathically linked. The alien went to investigate the black hole's event horizon (not a smart thing to do) and got sucked in. The two are telepathically linked and, due to the peculiar form of time dilation at the event horizon, the human would forever perceive the alien falling into but never reaching the black hole. Unfortunately I can't remember the name but I will look for it.

Charlie

black hole story

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    May not be the same story, but I read one, I believe by Larry Niven, about a human and alien who were telepathically linked. The alien went to investigate the black hole's event horizon (not a smart thing to do) and got sucked in. The two are telepathically linked and, due to the peculiar form of time dilation at the event horizon, the human would forever perceive the alien falling into but never reaching the black hole. Unfortunately I can't remember the name but I will look for it.

Charlie
    Thanks Charlie. A couple of months ago eventually found the story. It is Kyrie, by Poul Anderson, and has been anthologised in several places. Thanks.

Kyrie

Just G**gled "Kyrie" and I'm certain it is the same story I remembered, I just misremembered the author. Thanks for bringing it up, it was a good story.

Charlie