Thread: Antithesis

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Antithesis

Since finishing the Riyria Revelations I've written 3 books, one of which is Antithesis. This is a standalone novel set in modern day Washington D.C., New York, and Death Valley.

Thirty word summary:

Antithesis: Two opposing individuals possess limitless magic, providing the universe balance. An unexpected death transfers this power to an unsuspecting bystander who is clueless of the consequences of his newfound abilities.

Back of the book copy:

Have you ever wondered how the world will end?

No? Well don’t sweat it. Most people don’t, and the few that do expect the cause will be a dramatic change in climate, a pandemic, or mostly likely war. That’s what we’ve all been taught to believe, and we’re comfortable with rational explanations. But people weren’t always so quick to accept the facts provided by so-called experts. There used to be a time when we believed in myth and magic. Our minds were open to the idea of believing in what can’t be seen…the fantastical.

I had been like you until I met Winston Stewart; the day I learned to believe that there are other forces at work—not the least of which is fate. Fate is an amazing thing. It put Gandhi in South Africa, Nelson at Gibraltar, and Winston Stewart on that train in Alexandria Virginia.

You don’t know who Winston Stewart is? You will.
    Last edited by sullivan_riyria; April 6th, 2012 at 08:27 AM.

Creator of Worlds sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New Series: Untitled

I wrote a small series (two books). Originally I was going to put out one of them, then write a prequel to it, but when I was mostly completed with the second, I realized that I really need to write the first as it might adjust the second.

I don't know why I can't sem to put out series one book at a time...as it takes so much longer to get the books out there, but that seems to be a common issue with me.

In any case, I'm not saying too much about it just yet as my wife hasn't read either of the books, and until I get her feedback, all bets are off as to whether they'll even see the light of day...or in what form.

I'm about 50% finished editing the first then it will go to Robin.