July 2012 Fantasy Discussion Nominations

(I would swear I posted this a week or so ago at the same time as the SF one, but can't find it anywhere, so here it is again.)

Hi all,

Time for some nominations for a July BOTM. Have at it.

1. Everyone can nominate one book and second a reasonably small number of other books.
    2. Books must be available new in US and UK (I just check the two Amazons for this). They should also be in a format other than hardcover, so as to keep costs down.
    3. Books must be standalone or book 1 in a series (usually not a problem in SF).
    4. They can't have been book club books before.
    Last edited by Erfael; May 20th, 2012 at 11:24 PM.

Talking The Night Watch - Sergei Lukyanenko

Hello, I am new to the site, and I saw this, and thought this could be a good place to start. Love the idea of having a hearty book discussion!

I thought I would nominate the above. Have downloaded it onto my Kobo, so I know it available as an e-book and has had some good reviews.

And now I realize why I didn't actually post this when I thought I did before. This should be a nominations for July thread, as we'd already decided to do some de Lint for June.

Folks left it up to me to pick some de Lint, so here I go....

I've had the floors redone in my house recently, and all my books are boxed up. I was hoping to pick based on which de Lint I found first. Most of it's staying boxed up because we've decided to do some painting before doing the great unpack. I think I can lay my hands on The Onion Girl, though, so I think that's our June book.

We have one nomination for July so far. Any others?

There's tons and tons of books I've been meaning to read, so it's hard for me to pick just one!

I'd support any Lukyanenko books, though. It's one of the series that I've wanted to get to, and I've heard good things about them.

Looks like there's some agreement for Night Watch. I dub it the July BotM.