Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Coin, by MLSawyer

4 66.67%
  • Lashing the Lenders, by AZimmer23

2 33.33%
    Speaks fluent Bawehrf zachariah's Avatar

March-April 2012 Short Story Competition TIE BREAKER VOTE

Unfortunately due to insufficient funds, the previous vote has been concluded inconclusively. As your backer and principal investor I have extended a line of credit for twenty-four hours. If the totals still match after this time, extraordinary measures will be taken.

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Thought I had another day to vote. Being an elderly male, I am not prone to read directions.
    Going with The Coin for no other reason than I enjoyed it a wee bit more.

Blog Entries
    I'm not sure about the etiquette of voting for one's own story (seems like bad manners), but I wouldn't do that anyway this time around. "The Coin" is cohesive and complete. My story is the skeleton of a novella. I do, however, appreciate the votes, the kind words and the critiques.

Blog Entries
    Placed high last month in the FF category and second here this time around (or so it's looking, anyway). Ah, always the bridesmaid.....

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the kind words AZimmer23. The 24 hours isn't over yet and I can't vote for myself (and can't recall myself being in this situation before) so I'll leave as is for others to check it out.

Many entries in around 18 months and never have I won anything... bridesmaid yes, but winner, no. I'm always excited just to get a vote

The winner of the March-April SFFWorld Short Story Competition is MLSawyer, for his fabulous story, 'The Coin'! Congratulations! You are now a wealthy man, if wealth be counted true, and not in those base units which the basest doth accrue.

Blog Entries
    Thanks all. Though I would be much more excited to be a wealthy woman

New comp http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showt...509#post682509

Doh! Well, in fairness, you do write well enough to be mistaken for a man I'M KIDDING - You're not that good I'M KIDDING AGAIN! I'm using humour to deflect attention from my failings. I'll stop now. I've looked all over your lovely web page and you're definitely a female woman. I still have no idea what the M or L stand for.

Blog Entries
    Thanks Zacharia. Michelle Louise. I googled Michelle Sawyer not long before my book was published to find that she's already a writer in the US... she writes a... umm... a diferent style of fantasy to my own so I needed to diferentiate myself. She also had Michelle Sawyer.com ... hence the M L Sawyer

Thanks for checking out my webpage. It's always a constant work in progress... if only there were 28 hours in a day (I'd probably still not have enough time).