So I liked the Dragon's Path....how will I find the Long Price Quartet?

Finished The Dragon's Path today, and really enjoyed it. My only problem was the story was a little uneventful on the whole. I haven't been able to find much info on the Long Price Quartet, also by Abraham, though. Will I enjoy it or is it nowhere near as good as The Dragon's Path? I'd like to hear your thoughts on it guys. Thanks.

Every opinion post I've seen about The Dragon's Path is that it's not as great as The Long Price, but these are all people who loved The Long Price first.

Personally I thought The Long Price was good but not great. It's really well written and fairly emotionally moving, but it doesn't have enough "hell yeah!" moments for me to include it in my favorite fantasy series. Haven't read The Dragon's Path yet.

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice
    how will I find the Long Price Quartet?
    You could probably find it at amazon.com, bn.com, Barnes & Noble, etc.

I haven't read Long Price, but just about every time I've heard the two compared people have preferred it to The Dagger and the Coin.

Now for the less snarky response...

I haven't yet read Long Price, but I will be in the near future, possibly over the summer.

Long Price is less traditional Epic Fantasy than The Dagger and the Coin but from what I've seen, Abraham's voice shines through nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by TooNice View Post
    Finished The Dragon's Path today, and really enjoyed it. My only problem was the story was a little uneventful on the whole. I haven't been able to find much info on the Long Price Quartet, also by Abraham, though. Will I enjoy it or is it nowhere near as good as The Dragon's Path? I'd like to hear your thoughts on it guys. Thanks.
    I've read both and thoroughly enjoyed both.

If you really enjoyed The Dragon's Path then I suspect you will at least like The Long Price Quartet, as has been mentioned, TDP fits nicely into Epic Fantasy, whereas though TLPQ is large in scope and consequence, it didn't quite feel like Epic Fantasy to me, perhaps partially because there's not a lot of action. Instead, in my humble opinion, it's a very character and emotion driven series rooted in sociological philosophies. It's kind of like the opposite of Week's Night Angel trilogy. (By the way, that's not a shot at Weeks, I liked the trilogy and and really liked the first book in his next trilogy.)

My recommendation is to read the first book of TLPQ as it is short and solidly representative of the series; if you like it, you're good to go.

Read interesting books
    I tried Long Price and while I kept going through the books to find a "hook" to interest me, they never did, but I loved The Dragon's Path and The King's Blood

The author's style is deliberate and cerebral rather than emotional or darkly cynical and I tend to prefer these last two in fantasy and the first in sf (as I find it generally hard to take fantasy seriously when it takes itself seriously so to speak, while conversely I prefer serious sf to over-the-top one) and The Long Price is cerebral fantasy epitomized.

Dragon's Path and King's Blood are looser and more ironical in some ways and I really like Geder and Cithrin's characters

Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Now for the less snarky response...
    I'd use the word lame over snarky.

Thanks though guys. I'll check out the first book at least.