Riyria Revelations Author sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries

New Release: Greener Grass (time travel short story)

I also wanted to take just a moment to let everyone know that I have a new story released: Greener Grass (science fiction, a time travel short story of 5,600 words).

I can't put out any novels currently (contractual restriction), so I thought I would release a short story and try to stretch myself by doing something quite different than my Riyria Revelations, hence this little toe-dipping into a new (but related) genre. Here is a bit about Greener Grass:

HE WANTED TO ESCAPE HIS PROBLEMS. HE WANTED TO SEE THE FUTURE. HE NEVER CONSIDERED WHAT THE FUTURE WANTED.
    Confronted with suffering a painful death from cancer, Dan Sturges, a retired Ford’s engineer, foregoes treatments to try an idea of his own. After reading a theoretical article in Scientific American on time displacement, Dan builds a time machine in his garage. With nothing to lose but a few months of pain, Dan pins his hopes on a future where cancer might have been cured, or at least a quicker death by electrocution. How could he have known that what happens after he presses the button is more shocking than the eighteen car batteries he connected himself to?

Greener Grass is just $1.57 and can be bought at: Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

If you do read it, I'd love to get your opinion on whether it is worth making a full fledged novel out of, so please consider taking this one question poll as I would like to know your opinion.
    Last edited by sullivan_riyria; July 1st, 2012 at 05:53 AM.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow - cool beans!

Riyria Revelations Author sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    Wow - cool beans!
    Well thanks for being the inspiration for it. BTW, I've got some changes to do on Burning Alexandria, based on beta feedback - but should have a copy to you soon. What is the deadline again?

Early feedback on that story is that people really like it.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    No rush. November 1st would be fine. I hope to have it out no later than December 1st, 2012, but can stretch that to December 15th.
    No worries, it will be done long before then.
    Last edited by sullivan_riyria; July 1st, 2012 at 05:54 AM.