Northwest Indiana, not far from Lake Michigan.

Jumper, by Yasutaka Nakata

Yasutaka Nakata's Jumper strikes me as being strongly science fictional, although I might be projecting. Virtual reality is certainly hinted at. There's the repeated suggestion, "Wake up, Put aside, you're Feeling nothing," but it's not entirely clear whether it's an invitation to enter an alternate state or to leave it. The word jumper, of course, is highly evocative and pure sci fi, but simultaneously obscure. In this future, not-to-distant, one can be a jumper. Here are the repeated words:

Anger, Stress and secrets
    they Won't break you
    Wake up
    Put aside- you're
    Feeling nothing,
    Freely Speed up,
    Landing, Stepping, Jumping, Jumper

Northwest Indiana, not far from Lake Michigan.
    Anyone who liked Jumper might enjoy World of Fantasy, also created by Yasutaka Nakata:

Future Girl is Toshiko Koshijima, Capsule's vocalist. Yasutaka Nakata is the guy who appeared in Jumper. I don't know what sort of automobile Future Girl's flying car is in real life, but I'm fairly certain that I couldn't afford one. (This deplorable state of affairs is partly the fault of anyone who hasn't yet bought a copy of my book. Either correct that situation, or take personal responsibility for the fact that I have been so unfairly deprived.)

I enjoy how this video's audio track wakes up my computer's sub-woofer. The music I usually listen to doesn't give it so many opportunities to woof.
    Last edited by greymouse; February 22nd, 2014 at 01:03 AM.