Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    Harrumph. Have you know it took me all day to complete first draft at 3900 words. What's fast about that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hereford Eye View Post
    Harrumph. Have you know it took me all day to complete first draft at 3900 words. What's fast about that?
    Holy cow, old age must be setting in.
    Last edited by Gkarlives; April 29th, 2012 at 06:40 AM.

Blog Entries
    See, he is now bragging! ROFL!

Bragging? Moi?
    Okay, it's complete at 3874 words, a story bound to drive tmso crazy trying to categorize it as it has a little bit of everything: the blast she requested, earth, wind, fire, apocalypse, and last but not least, a tribute to Maurice and Veridine White's group: Earth, Wind and Fire.

Blog Entries
    Bragging? Moi?
    Okay, it's complete at 3874 words, a story bound to drive tmso crazy trying to categorize it as it has a little bit of everything: the blast she requested, earth, wind, fire, apocalypse, and last but not least, a tribute to Maurice and Veridine White's group: Earth, Wind and Fire.
    Now your just thumbing your nose at us.

It can come across that way, but Holbrook is right. She has a bad habit of being so. I have the time and the energy. When the inspiration comes, I yield to it and start writing. I don't plan the piece in detail; I just start.

The first time I looked at the themes tmso posted, I was disappointed because they blew my original idea out of the water. I also thought there was nothing in those themes that interested me so I was going to have to sit this one out. But, then, tmso, wrote she expected an earth-shattering story and I knew immediately I can do that.

Went back to the themes and was struck by the bold print. Memory immediately furnished the band though I had to go research lyrics to prove that they fit. Then, some other quick research and I was ready to write an earth-shattering tale. The scene was set and all I had to do was get to it.

Blog Entries
    I'm in. Can't wait.

Fictional Mountain Man
    Thank you this tsmo. Such a great idea. Worried about coming up with end of the world concepts a little. Each new idea that pops into my mind ends up playing out like a Michael Bay film. Also just a thought but as far as getting this anthology out there for all of the winners, maybe release on December 12? Just saying, the end of the world hype is going to be at its highest point since y2k. Either that or it will be hilariously ironic when the world actually ends the same day the anthology is released.

Congrats to you, AZimmer23. I am not the first entry after all.
    I'm in.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tennesseemcvay View Post
    Thank you this tsmo. Such a great idea. Worried about coming up with end of the world concepts a little. Each new idea that pops into my mind ends up playing out like a Michael Bay film. Also just a thought but as far as getting this anthology out there for all of the winners, maybe release on December 12? Just saying, the end of the world hype is going to be at its highest point since y2k. Either that or it will be hilariously ironic when the world actually ends the same day the anthology is released.
    Actually, the Mayans predicted the 21st/22nd to the best of my knowledge. That gives those who make it in a week to enjoy their moment of glory. ; D!

Blog Entries
    Congrats to you, AZimmer23. I am not the first entry after all.
    I'm in.
    Whoa. I'm just stating my intention. My story is plotted, but not done. You always get in really early, with very quality work! Maybe you should change your user name to Quickdraw? : p

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Submissions Open for Earth Contest

Yes, HE beat everyone, as per his usual M.O. And it clocks in at just under 4,000 words.

Our first submission, folks! Woohoo!

Now, for the official announcement:

The first of three contests is now open for submissions. Your stories must be apocalyptic and somehow involve an earth-related disaster. Stories can be in the science fiction/fantasy genre of your choice.

Submissions will be accepted from May 1st (today) until June 15th. Stories must be within 2,000 and 5,000 words. Please submit in .doc, .rtf, or .gdoc format to nilaewhite (at) gmail (dot) com.

Submissions will be posted June 16th in the Stories sub-forum and a voting thread will be posted at the same time.

If you have any questions, please ask here or contact me through the private messaging system on this forum or via email: nilaewhite (at) gmail (dot) com.

Good luck and happy writing to all.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tennesseemcvay View Post
    Hey Tennessee,

Take your time coming up with a story. You have until June 15th for the current contest (earth-related disaster).

As Zimmer pointed out, the end of the world is supposed to be on the Winter Solstice, which is usually the 21st or 22nd of December. I hope to have the anthology out before then for our collective 15 minutes of fame before the end of the world.

I totally want to get in on this! I am thinking I need to go to a dark place - suits me fine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Darth View Post
    I totally want to get in on this! I am thinking I need to go to a dark place - suits me fine.
    Kinda fitting considering your avatar and user name, eh DD?