Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
    I think I speak for everyone in saying that you've done an amazing, spectacular, incredible and fantastic job.

The time and dedication it takes to do what you've done is a bit intimidating. Every person that's entered into this competition should be grateful for what you've done, because without your help, this whole thing wouldn't have happened.

Thanks for being completely unselfish. It's a trait not many people have.

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    I know. Sorry about that. Completely my fault. You have to admit, though, for never having done anything like this before, I think I've managed quite well.

I'm just now starting to populate the document with all your stories, bios and blurbs, and even with the formatting all messed up, it is looking good! Can't wait to get in on my Nook to test it out in ePub format...
    Oh, please don't take me the wrong way, Nila! You've done a fantastic job! Even if I don't make it, I'm excited to see the finished product.

This is all you, in the end. This doesn't happen without you volunteering your time freely.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfen View Post
    Oh, please don't take me the wrong way, Nila!
    Not at all! I hadn't meant to come across as defensive. My apologies.

And thank you for your kind words, Cononomous, but I am not being unselfish. I'm learning a lot during this process that I hope will translate to my own writing. It is interesting being on the other side of the fence of this whole process, too. I'm learning lots.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfen View Post
    Oh, please don't take me the wrong way, Nila!
    Not at all! I hadn't meant to come across as defensive. My apologies.

And thank you for your kind words, Cononomous, but I am not being unselfish. I'm learning a lot during this process that I hope will translate to my own writing. It is interesting being on the other side of the fence of this whole process, too. I'm learning lots.

Quote Originally Posted by Cononomous View Post
    I think I speak for everyone in saying that you've done an amazing, spectacular, incredible and fantastic job.
    Seconded! When does TMSO Publishing Inc open for business then?

<edit> and why can't I get smilies to work any more??

Just Another Philistine Hereford Eye's Avatar
    I don't have a dog in the hunt so feel free to ignore this comment.
    The subtitle Visions of Apocalypse” seems a bit misleading to me. Having the term in the title creates expectations about content. Apocalypse has a specific interpretation and that interpretation does not fit most of the stories selected. Seems to me a more accurate, more descriptive term should be applied.

Blog Entries
    I just went to go read the middle portion's stories but all the links are dead. Have the stories been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fung Koo View Post
    I just went to go read the middle portion's stories but all the links are dead. Have the stories been removed?
    I believe so. In order for the stories to remain 'unread' for the anthology, tmso deleted them a few days after the winner was declared.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hereford Eye View Post
    I don't have a dog in the hunt so feel free to ignore this comment.
    The subtitle Visions of Apocalypse” seems a bit misleading to me. Having the term in the title creates expectations about content. Apocalypse has a specific interpretation and that interpretation does not fit most of the stories selected. Seems to me a more accurate, more descriptive term should be applied.
    I agree. While I like "Vision of the Apocalypse", something different would be more apt.

For the record, I suck at titles. So...maybe a title contest?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cononomous View Post
    I believe so. In order for the stories to remain 'unread' for the anthology, tmso deleted them a few days after the winner was declared.
    That is correct. I removed them a week after the contest ended.

Let's see, I had a run down of the winners...let me go find that...here it is:

1) time loop, complete destruction of the earth at end
    2) complete destruction of the earth, scavengers in space collecting the detritus for Mars colony
    3) earth wakes up, tells the human population she's leaving for a snazzy retirement home in some far off galaxy
    4) impending complete destruction of the earth (and sun), earth set up to try to survive the supernova of sun, but effort sabotaged, survivors in ships going to some far off galaxy
    5) wind, wind everywhere, eat other people
    6) bacteria and viruses wiped out, earth ecosystems drastically altered, there are survivors, but survival is suspect
    Does that help?

Blog Entries
    Results from the last contest:

Math by Rob Garbin (Gkarlives) received 1 vote (CMTheAuthor)

The Great Fire of Iverhold by Chris Mitchell (CMTheAuthor) received 2 votes (Wulfen, tmso)

Tick by Chris Wilson (Wulfen) received 5 votes (PeteMC, Noumenon, Fung Koo, norm, CMTheAuthor)

The Last Hand by Peter McLean (PeteMC) received 7 votes (Noumenon, Zachariah, Fung Koo, Hereford Eye, norm, CMTheAuthor, Wulfen, tmso)

Sacrifice by G.L. Lathian (Cononomous) received 5 votes (PeteMC, Noumenon, Fung Koo, Hereford Eye, norm)

The Last Word from a Brahma by Christopher Alen (Fung Koo) received 2 votes (Hereford Eye, tmso)

Congratulations to all whom participated!

Our author list for the 2012 The End Anthology include:

Richard Dickson (DailyRich)
    Norman Gray (norm)
    Steve 'B5' Jones (that alpha-numeric code I can never remember)
    Michael Aaron (Zachariah)
    Liam Baldwin (JunkMonkey)
    Igor Ljubuncic (Igor)
    Pete McLean (PeteMC)
    Chris Wilson (Wulfen)
    G.L. Lathian (Cononomous)

To be published alongside:
    Hugh Howey
    Michael J. Sullivan
    Tristis Ward

I am very proud of what we have accomplished thus far, everyone. Here's to a great first release!
    Last edited by N. E. White; October 27th, 2012 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    Results from the last contest:

Math by Rob Garbin (Gkarlives) received 1 vote (CMTheAuthor)

The Great Fire of Iverhold by Chris Mitchell (CMTheAuthor) received 2 votes (Wulfen, tmso)

Tick by Chris Wilson (Wulfen) received 5 votes (PeteMC, Noumenon, Fung Koo, norm, CMTheAuthor)

The Last Hand by Peter McLean (PeteMC) received 7 votes (Noumenon, Zachariah, Fung Koo, Hereford Eye, norm, CMTheAuthor, Wulfen, tmso)

Sacrifice by G.L. Lathian (Cononomous) received 5 votes (PeteMC, Noumenon, Fung Koo, Hereford Eye, norm)

The Last Word from a Brahma by Christopher Alen (Fung Koo) received 2 votes (Hereford Eye, tmso)

Congratulations to all whom participated!

Our author list for the 2012 The End Anthology include:

Richard Dickson (DailyRich)
    Norman Gray (norm)
    Steve 'B5' Jones (that alpha-numeric code I can never remember)
    Michael Aaron (Zachariah)
    Liam Baldwin (JunkMonkey)
    Igor Ljubuncic (Igor)
    Pete McLean (PeteMC)
    Chris Wilson (Wulfen)
    G.L. Lathian (Cononomous)

To be published alongside:
    Hugh Howey
    Michael J. Sullivan
    Tristis Ward

I am very proud of what we have accomplished thus far, everyone. Here's to a great first release!
    Wow. I didn't expect to make the cut after my contentious story theme! So, this is awesome!

Thanks to tmso for running this crazy contest! Without her, we wouldn't have a chance to be published alongside amazing authors like Tristis Ward, Michael J. Sullivan and Hugh Howey. It's a real honor.

Thanks to all the other writers involved and congratulations to Wulfen and Pete!

Blog Entries
    Congrats to all the winners.

Thanks for the votes guys, and most of all thank you to tmso for making this all happen!

Congratulations to everybody that made it, very many thanks to tmso for making it all happen, and thanks to everyone for writing good stories that really reflected well on the people that post and write here.