Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tmso View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, JM, but yes, the word count limits are the same as before: 2000 to 5000 words.
    Nerts! I'm at 4,700 words and I now have THREE scenes to write. Last time I looked I was at 3,500 and had two scenes to go!

How is this happening?

Time to get the baby-masher out I think.

lol totally forgot that this comp is hush hush on author identity. Oh well.

Finished the first draft. Finally! How many weeks is that? And it's too long. I have to remove 400 words. I am starting to get really really bored with this story.

I am almost done, finally; then after a few days of letting it simmer, I'll go back and edit as necessary.

it could be worse Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow. I'm looking forward to reading another batch of awesome stories about The End!

Here's your friendly public service announcement...

August 15th is still a couple of weeks away, plenty of time to add some polish to your great story! Good luck and remember to have fun.

Over 4800 words for me. I had planned on checking in at approximately 3000 words, but the story just kept writing itself. Eventually I had to tell it to stop; I know I could have easily written several thousand more words for this particular story.

After a round of edits, I sit right at 4,997 words. I'll let it simmer for a couple of days and make what changes I feel are necessary, but I think it's pretty close to finished.

Blog Entries
    You are so good, Wulfen. I have such a hard time sitting on something before submitting it or trashing it. Good job for exercising your patience.

You are so good, Wulfen. I have such a hard time sitting on something before submitting it or trashing it. Good job for exercising your patience.
    This is really the first time I've forced myself to wait more than a couple of days, so I'm not as good at it as you might think. I typically write a flash fiction piece in one sitting, take a quick look and submit, so I need to discipline myself better.

I've left mine in Scotland and gone on holiday. Haven't thought about it for a week or so. I'll try and get it chopped down the day after I get home and posted off to Tmso before the deadline. Meanwhile I have managed to get some reading done instead. Which has been good.

Blog Entries
    Ah, I look forward to it, JM.

For the rest of ya - FOUR (and a bit) MORE DAYS.

FYI - I will be putting together a PDF file of all the entries so folks can read offline. If you are not okay with that, please let me know via PM and I won't do it. The only folks who will receive the PDF file are those who have entered.

Later, and may the force (luck?) be with you.

How many entries so far, tmso?

Blog Entries
    Currently, we have less than 10.

Could you post the stories in a separate thread for clarity, perhaps?
    Or did you intend this anyway?
    Igor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor View Post
    Could you post the stories in a separate thread for clarity, perhaps?
    Or did you intend this anyway?
    Igor
    Ah, I guess I should remind folks how this all works. I assumed you all would magically read my mind. Either that, or have participated in the past.

Right.

So, sometime on the sixteenth, I will start posting the entries in the Stories sub-forum. I'll have everything prepped, but as it is a work day for me, they'll get posted when they get posted (or maybe I'll wake up super early, but don't count on it).

Example of a past voting thread is here. Keep in mind the links are no longer valid as I have deleted those entries from the forum. However, I do my best to format the entry correctly.

NOTE: the voting is different from last time!

Once done reading, you have three votes to dole out to your favorite entries. To vote, PM (private message) me with your choices. At the end of the voting period (August 31st), I will reveal the voting breakdown (who voted for what - that way we can all check to make sure I didn't put forward my own favorites).

NOTE: also different from last time: YOU CAN NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN STORY.

Viola! After I announce this contest's winners, this phase of the contest is over and we can all move onto the third and final phase (FIRE).

Clear as mud?