Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

2013 Upcoming Releases-Fantasy & Horror

With thanks to Jussi, who posted it on Westeros: Tor's winter 2013 catalogue is now online. Interesting document, as always. Couple surprises, couple books that were expected. I'd urge y'all to check out the whole thing, but here are some books I personally thought were worth taking particular note of:

-- Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, A Memory of Light [of course]: I ... was going to post this blurb they've got in the catalogue here, but honestly it is all publicity waffling. There is a better blurb, written by Harriet Rigney I believe, on amazon. Release date still January 8th.

-- Steven Gould, Impulse: I've not read any Gould myself, but Jumper's supposed to be great and very popular. Here's the blurb for his latest. [January 8th.]:

Steven Gould returns to the world of his classic novel Jumper

Cent has a secret. She lives in isolation, with her parents, hiding from the people who took her father captive and tortured him to gain control over his ability to teleport, and from the government agencies who want to use his talent. Cent has seen the world, but only from the safety of her parents’ arms. She’s teleported more than anyone on Earth, except for her mother and father, but she’s never been able to do it herself. Her life has never been in danger.

Until the day when she went snowboarding without permission and triggered an avalanche. When the snow and ice thundered down on her, she suddenly found herself in her own bedroom. That was the first time.

-- L. E. Modesitt Jr., Imager's Batallion: For the Imager fans amongst us, a blurb for the sixth book in the overall series. Though I fear it's unlikely to tell you much you don't know; much like the Gould blurb it reads like somebody came into work all enthusiastic, but then sort of wandered away from their desk to get coffee or a doughnut or whatever and forgot to write the second half of that cover copy they were working on until it was too late. [January 22.]:

The newest novel of the New York Times bestselling Imager Portfolio follows Quaeryt into war

The sequel to the New York Times bestselling Princeps follows magical hero Quaeryt as he leads history's first Imager fighting force into war. Given the rank of subcommander by his wife's brother, Lord Bhayar, the ruler of Telaryn, Quaeryt joins an invading army into the hostile land of Bovaria, in retaliation for Bovaria's attempted annexation of Telaryn. But Quaeryt has his own agenda in doing Bhayar's bidding: to legitimize Imagers in the hearts and minds of all men, by demonstrating their value as heroes as he leads his battalion into one costly battle after another.

Making matters worse, court intrigues pursue Quaeryt even to the front lines of the conflict, as the Imager's enemies continue to plot against him.

-- R. S. Belcher, The Six-Gun Tarot: Now here, ladies and gentlemen, we have a blurb written by someone who was seriously into what they were doing. Or trying to imagine every phrase they wrote as narrated by Samuel L Jackson. Whichever. Gets me kinda intrigued, I must admit. [January 22.]:

Nevada, 1869: Beyond the pitiless 40-Mile Desert lies Golgotha, a cattle town that hides more than its share of unnatural secrets. The sheriff bears the mark of the noose around his neck; some say he is a dead man whose time has not yet come. His half-human deputy is kin to coyotes. The mayor guards a hoard of mythical treasures. A banker’s wife belongs to a secret order of assassins. And a shady saloon owner, whose fingers are in everyone’s business, may know more about the town’s true origins than he’s letting on.

A haven for the blessed and the damned, Golgotha has known many strange events, but nothing like the primordial darkness stirring in the abandoned silver mine overlooking the town. Bleeding midnight, an ancient evil is spilling into the world, and unless the sheriff and his posse can saddle up in time, Golgotha will have seen its last dawn…and so will all of Creation.

-- Cory Doctorow, Homeland: I'm a sucker for Doctorow's brand of inspirational indignation; I think fiction of that kind's important, so long as it doesn't become a simple excuse to preach, and Doctorow's usually pretty good about making the message iceing fit the story cake. Here's the blurb for the Little Brother sequel. [February 5.]:

The direct sequel to Little Brother—in which Marcus finds himself once again risking everything to take on creeping tyranny and surveillance

Just a few years after Little Brother, Marcus's problems are back: California's economy has collapsed, taking his parents and his university tuition with it. But M1k3y's political past saves him and lands him a job as webmaster for a muckraking politician who promises reform.

Things are never simple, though, as Marcus discovers when his onetime girlfriend Masha emerges from the political underground to gift him with a thumbdrive containing a Wikileaks-style cable-dump full of hard evidence of conscious corporate and governmental perfidy. It’s incendiary stuff—and if Masha goes missing, Marcus is supposed to release it to the world.

But Marcus can’t out himself as the Bradley Manning of this leak, because if he does he’ll cost his employers the election. And he’s surrounded by friends and acquaintances who regard him as a hacker hero. He can’t even attend a demonstration without being dragged onstage and handed a mike. Nobody—his current girlfriend, his weary parents, his progressive-minded employer, his hacker admirers—knows just how unsure of himself he really is.

Meanwhile, hard people are beginning to shadow him, people who look like they’ve got plenty of experience inflicting pain until they get the answers they want. Inflicting it on Marcus…or, worse, on people he loves.

Fast-moving, passionate, and as current as next week, Homeland is every bit the equal of Little Brother—a paen to activism, to courage, to the drive to make the world a better place.

This is getting too long. More in next post. Promise I won't reproduce the entire catalogue.

-- Evie Manieri, Blood's Pride: This seems to be Tor's big epic fantasy debut for winter; it's being published by Jo Fletcher Books in the Uk, imminently I believe. The "selling points" section seems to indicate that it's meant to have ya crossover appeal. I think Jussi might have already posted this blurb, but just in case... [February 19.]:

Cultures clash and sister betrays sister against the backdrop of a rich, fully realized world in this epic fantasy debut

Rising from their sea-torn ships like vengeful, pale phantoms, the Norlanders laid waste to the Shadar under cover of darkness. They forced the once-peaceful fisher folk into slavery and forged an alliance with their former trading partners, the desert-dwelling Nomas tribe, cutting off any hope of salvation.

Now, two decades after the invasion, a rebellion gathers strength in the dark corridors of the city. A small faction of Shadari have hired the Mongrel, an infamous mercenary, to aid their fledgling uprising—but with her own shadowy ties to the region, she is a frighteningly volatile ally. Has she really come to lead a revolution, or for a more sinister purpose all her own?

This thrilling new epic fantasy is set in a quasi-Medieval Mediterranean region, drawing together the warrior culture of Vikings, the wanderlust of desert nomads, and the oracles of ancient Greece. Blood's Pride is an intricate, lush book full of taut action, gut-wrenching betrayal, and soaring romance.

-- Marie Brennan, A Natural History of Dragons: I wasn't a huge fan of the first of Brennan's novels I tried, to be honest, but have become a fan of the author since. A great historical fantasy writer, and it feels like each book gets better. This is the start of a new, and from the sounds of it somewhat more ... whimsical and fun, series. [February 5.]:

The start of a thrilling new fantasy series combining adventure with the inquisitive spirit of the Victorian Age—and also dragons

All the world, from Scirland to the farthest reaches of Eriga, knows Isabella, Lady Trent, to be the world’s preeminent dragon naturalist. She is the remarkable woman who brought the study of dragons out of the misty shadows of myth and misunderstanding into the clear light of modern science. But before she became the illustrious figure we know today, there was a bookish young woman whose passion for learning, natural history, and, yes, dragons defied the stifling conventions of her day.

Here at last, in her own words, is the true story of a pioneering spirit who risked her reputation, her prospects, and her fragile flesh and bone to satisfy her scientific curiosity; of how she sought true love and happiness despite her lamentable eccentricities; and of her thrilling expedition to the perilous mountains of Vystrana, where she made the first of many historic discoveries that would change the world forever.

-- David Walton, Quintessence: Could go a number of directions. Sounds intriguing. [March 19.]:

At the edge of the flat Earth, there is a place of wonders

Quintessence is an Alternate History/Fantasy set 500 years ago in the Age of Exploration, full of alchemy, human dissection, sea monsters, betrayal, torture, religious controversy, and magic. In Europe, the magic is thin, but at the edge of the world, where the stars reach down close to the Earth, wonders abound. This drives the bravest explorers to the alluring Western Ocean. Christopher Sinclair is an alchemist who cares only about one thing: quintessence, a substance he believes will grant magical powers and immortality. And he has a ship.

Fleeing an inquisition, physician Stephen Parris follows Sinclair to an island that perches on the edge of the world, bringing his daughter Catherine with him. The island is teeming with fantastical animals and alluring mysteries, and may hold the secret of immortality.

-- Elizabeth Bear, Shattered Pillars: This is book 2 of The Eternal Sky and the direct sequel to Range of Ghosts, one of my favourite books so far this year. So this here's kind of an anticipated book for me. Unfortunately, the catalogue blurb for Pillars is terrible, containing virtually no information about this second novel's direction and misspelling a protagonist's name. [March 19.]:

“[A] vivid world...The strong setting and engaging characters will have readers eager for the second installment.”
    —Publishers Weekly

The Shattered Pillars is the second book of Bear’s The Eternal Sky trilogy and the sequel to Range of Ghosts. Set in a world drawn from our own great Asian Steppes, this saga of magic, politics and war sets Re-Temur, the exiled heir to the great Khagan and his friend Sarmarkar, a Wizard of Tsarepheth, against dark forces determined to conquer all the great Empires along the Celedon Road.

Elizabeth Bear is an astonishing writer, whose prose draws you into strange and wonderful worlds, and makes you care deeply about the people and the stories she tells. The world of The Eternal Sky is broadly and deeply created—her award-nominated novella, "Bone and Jewel Creatures" is also set there.

-- David G. Hartwell and Patrick Nielsen Hayden, Twenty-First Century Science Fiction: Big reprint anthology. Does what it says on the tin. Very cool. [April 16.]:

Editorial dream team David G. Hartwell and Patrick Nielsen Hayden's giant anthology of the best SF of the first wave of the twenty-first century

An enormous anthology—close to 250,000 words—edited by two of the most prestigious and award-winning editors in the SF field, featuring recent stories from some of science fiction's greatest up-and-coming authors, including many award-winners.

David Hartwell and Patrick Nielsen Hayden have long been recognized as some of the most skilled and trusted arbiters of the field, but Twenty-First Century Science Fiction presents fans' first opportunities to see what their considerable talents come up with together, and also to get a unique perspective on what's coming next in the science fiction field.

The anthology includes authors ranging from bestselling and established favorites to incandescent new talents including Cory Doctorow, Catherynne M. Valente, John Scalzi, Jo Walton, Charles Stross, Elizabeth Bear, and Peter Watts, and the stories selected include winners and nominees of all of the science fiction field's major awards.

-- Paul Cornell, London Falling: New urban fantasy from popular Dr. Who and comics writer Cornell. Have to say I'm getting a little over the "they discover the supernatural terror which is truly the city's greatest problem" device, but this sounds very fun and hopefully somewhat chilling. [April 16.]:

A writer of the acclaimed modern incarnation of Doctor Who begins a nail-biting contemporary dark fantasy series

Police officers Quill, Costain, Sefton, and Ross know the worst of London—or they think they do. While investigating a mobster's mysterious death, they come into contact with a strange artifact and accidentally develop the Sight. Suddenly they can see the true evil haunting London’s streets.

Armed with police instincts and procedures, the four officers take on the otherworldly creatures secretly prowling London. Football lore and the tragic history of a Tudor queen become entwined in their pursuit of an age-old witch with a penchant for child sacrifice. But when London’s monsters become aware of their meddling, the officers must decide what they are willing to sacrifice to clean up their city.

-- Ian Tregillis, Necessary Evil: I figure I won't post the blurb for this myself; since The Coldest War's not even out quite yet it can do nothing but spoil us. Nice to see it here, though. [April 16.]

Catalogue also contains new Orson Scott Card [The Gate Thief, sequel to The Lost Gate], Jay Lake [Calimpura], and Mary Robinette Kowal [Without a Summer.] No Orullian, if that ruins anybody's day, Scholes, Jones, Cook, or Keck. Sorry for going on so long.

2013 Upcoming Releases-Fantasy & Horror

Since some catalogues for 2013 releases are making the Interent rounds, we might as well get a thread going. Last year we started in September for the 2013 forthcoming novels, now we start on the last day of June (as the calendar reads in New Jersey)

As always, Locus Online's Forthcoming titles list is a good enough place to keep checking as the update it fairly regularly.

Has anybody heard anything about The Unholy Consult? Is it still coming out in 2012? Or is it now slated for a 2013 release?

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    Release date is unknown at this point, we have heard some indications that the book is due next year, and that would fit with Bakker's regular schedule, a book every two years. Certainly 2012 is out of the question, unfortunately.

Re; Tor catalogue

Still no JV Jones or Ken Scholes, indeed disappointing, especially the ongoing delay of Sword of Shadows and the total radio silence on the matter.

On the other hand, Six-Gun Tarot and Quintessence sound like interesting debuts. Also the Hartwell anthology of SF and The Victorian anthology by Datlow had a nice table of contents as far as I'm concerned.

Rogue Warrior
    Yeah I agree with Mith, Six-Gun Tarot & Quintessence sound really cool. Six-Gun Tarot especially.

Thanks for creating this thread, Rob, and moving my potentially thread-jacky stuff from the 2012 thread over here.

Amazon's got a blurb for Caitlin R. Kiernan's next novel, Blood Oranges. I know Kiernan's written more overtly supernatural fiction before, with ghouls that are unambiguously ghouls etc, but I'm so far only familiar with her work via The Drowning Girl and The Red Tree, so this blurb seems to indicate something of a departure from the more recent Kiernan I was expecting. That'll teach me to expect things. Specially from a writer like Kiernan. The book looks like it stomps some slightly more commercial territory with which I dare say we're familiar, but it's territory I'm eager to see Kiernan's take on. Here it is:

My name’s Quinn.

If you buy into my reputation, I’m the most notorious demon hunter in New England. But rumors of my badassery have been slightly exaggerated. Instead of having kung-fu skills and a closet full of medieval weapons, I’m an ex-junkie with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time. Or the right place at the wrong time. Or…whatever.

Wanted for crimes against inhumanity I (mostly) didn’t commit, I was nearly a midnight snack for a werewolf until I was “saved” by a vampire calling itself the Bride of Quiet. Already cursed by a werewolf bite, the vamp took a pint out of me too.

So now…now, well, you wouldn’t think it could get worse, but you’d be dead wrong.

Rogue Warrior
    This Kiernan book sounds cool and thats not even my style of genre.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to it. Some minor research turns up Kiernan describing the book as a spoof, but I'm pretty confident this doesn't mean it'll be like "funny-vampire-haha-laugh-a-minute-at-the-funny-vampire-see-how-stupid-this-all-is"; there'll be a story with muscles in there, I'm sure.

Mith mentioned Queen Victoria's Book of Spells, the Victorian gaslamp fantasy anthology edited by Ellen Datlow and Teri Windling that's coming out in March which I neglected to post the blurb for. The table of contents is indeed amazing, and here it is:

Preface Ellen Datlow and Terri Windling
    Introduction Terri Windling
    The Fairy Enterprise by Jeffrey Ford
    From the Catalogue of the Pavilion of the Uncanny and Marvelous, Scheduled for Premiere at the Great Exhibition (Before the Fire) by Genevieve Valentine
    The Memory Book by Maureen McHugh
    Queen Victoria’s Book of Spells by Delia Sherman
    La Reine D’Enfer by Kathe Koja
    For the Briar Rose by Elizabeth Wein
    The Governess by Elizabeth Bear
    Smithfield by James P. Blaylock
    The Unwanted Women of Surrey by Kaaron Warren
    Charged by Leanna Renee Hieber
    Mr. Splitfoot by Dale Bailey
    Phosphorus by Veronica Schanoes
    We Without Us Were Shadows by Catherynne M. Valente
    The Vital Importance of the Superficial by Ellen Kushner and Caroline Stevermer
    The Jewel in the Toad Queen’s Crown by Jane Yolen
    A Few Twigs He Left Behind by Gregory Maguire
    Their Monstrous Minds by Tanith Lee
    Estella Saves the Village by Theodora Goss

Recommended Reading

Dang.

Here's the new blurb for Guy Gavriel Kay's next novel, River of Stars, the loose follow-up to Under Heaven. The book will be published in early April in both NA and the UK:

In his critically acclaimed novel Under Heaven, Guy Gavriel Kay told a vivid and powerful story inspired by China’s Tang Dynasty. Now, the international bestselling and multiple award-winning author revisits that invented setting four centuries later with an epic of prideful emperors, battling courtiers, bandits and soldiers, nomadic invasions, and a woman battling in her own way, to find a new place for women in the world – a world inspired this time by the glittering, decadent Song Dynasty.

Ren Daiyan was still just a boy when he took the lives of seven men while guarding an imperial magistrate of Kitai. That moment on a lonely road changed his life—in entirely unexpected ways, sending him into the forests of Kitai among the outlaws. From there he emerges years later—and his life changes again, dramatically, as he circles towards the court and emperor, while war approaches Kitai from the north.

Lin Shan is the daughter of a scholar, his beloved only child. Educated by him in ways young women never are, gifted as a songwriter and calligrapher, she finds herself living a life suspended between two worlds. Her intelligence captivates an emperor—and alienates women at the court. But when her father’s life is endangered by the savage politics of the day, Shan must act in ways no woman ever has.

In an empire divided by bitter factions circling an exquisitely cultured emperor who loves his gardens and his art far more than the burdens of governing, dramatic events on the northern steppe alter the balance of power in the world, leading to events no one could have foretold, under the river of stars.

Rogue Warrior
    I really need to get around to reading some GGK.

Rogue Warrior
    Brian Ruckley is working on a new book, working title The Free, sounds pretty good. Not sure when its due out.

According to amazon [so grains of salt all round until we know more], the third book in Daniel Abraham's The Dagger and the Coin, formerly The Poisoned Sword, has undergone a title change. The book is now The Tyrant's Law, and is scheduled for May 14th next year.

Riyria Revelations Author sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'll have two titles released in 2013, but I'm waiting on Orbit to make the official announcement before saying more. They are currently slated for August and September.

Thumbs down

This should really go at the top of the thread, but at least it's still on the first page:

Here's an incomplete list of some of the stuff coming out next year based on what we know so far. With thanks to the Locus forthcoming books page, Jussie, Werthead, numerous catalogues, and even amazon pages, which helped me compile the info.

When I say "incomplete" I mean incomplete. I have left off pretty much anything that still doesn't have a title, for instance [such as Mike Carey's sixth Felix Caster novel, which is apparently happening.] In the interests of conserving at least some space, I've also not included things that haven't been mentioned specifically as coming out in 2013, even if their appearance seems reasonably certain. I've also kept it very subjective, focusing on things which strike my personal fancy or which I know folks round these here parts enjoy.

Apologies if I've forgotten anything really obvious, or if this list ought to go somewhere else. Hope to keep updating this as and when.

Oh, and for ease of reference I've included both fantasy and sf here, which I hope is okay at least for now.

Edit: Also apologies for the weird negativity up at the top. My tech ineptitude somehow ushered the thumsdown icon into the title slot on my post and now I can't make it go away.

The List:

January:
    -- Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson, A Memory of Light
    -- Warren Ellis, Gun Machine
    -- Adam Roberts, Atom Robots [collection]
    -- Robert V. S. Redick, The Night of the Swarm
    -- R. S. Belcher, The Six-Gun Tarot
    -- L. E. Modesitt Jr., Imager's Batallion
    -- Steven Gould, Impulse
    -- Jay Lake, Kalimpura
    -- Myke Cole, Shadow Ops: Fortress Frontier
    -- Michelle West, Battle
    -- Cassandra Rose Clarke, The Mad Scientist's Daughter
    -- Mark Teppo, Earth Thirst
    -- Miles Cameron, The Red Knight [US]
    -- Elona Andrews, Magic Bites [special edition]
    -- Neil Gaiman, The Books of Magic [deluxe edition]

February:
    -- Peter V. Brett, The Daylight War
    -- Karen Lord, The Best of All Possible Worlds
    -- Caitlin R. Kiernan [as Kathleen Tierney], Blood Oranges
    -- Robert Jackson Bennett, American Elsewhere
    -- Angelica Gorodischer, Trafalgar [in english translation]
    -- Gail Carriger, Etiquette and Espionage
    -- Marie Brennan, A Natural History of Dragons
    -- Marissa Meyer, Scarlet
    -- Cory Doctorow, Homeland
    -- Maureen Johnson, The Madness Underneath
    -- C. Robert Cargill, Dreams and Shadows
    -- Melanie Rawn, Elsewhens
    -- Mark Chadbourn, The Devil's Looking Glass [US]
    -- Evie Manieri, Blood's Pride [US]
    -- Elspeth Cooper, Trinity Moon [US]
    -- Francis Knight, Fade to Black [debut]

March:
    -- Elizabeth Bear, Shattered Pillars
    -- Nalo Hopkinson, Sister Mine
    -- Robin Hobb, Blood of Dragons
    -- Cassandra Clare, The Clockwork Princess
    -- Julie E. Czerneda, A Turn of Light
    -- Ellen Datlow and Teri Windling [eds], Queen Victoria's Book of Spells
    -- Terry Brooks, The Bloodfire Quest
    -- Alaya Dawn Johnson, The Summer Prince
    -- Patricia Briggs, Frost Burned
    -- Seanan McGuire, Midnight Blue Light Special
    -- David Weber, Shadow of Freedom
    -- David Walton, Quintescence
    -- Andrew Pyper, The Demonologist
    -- Zachary Jernigan, No Return
    -- Austin Grossman, You
    -- Peter Higgins, Wolfhound Century [debut]
    -- M. John Harrison, Empty Space [US]

April:
    -- Guy Gavriel Kay, River of Stars [US]
    -- Ian Tregillis, Necessary Evil
    -- Joe Hill, NOS4A2
    -- Stella Gemmell: The City [UK]
    -- M. L. N. Hanover, Graveyard Child
    -- Paul Cornell, London Falling [US]
    -- Sofia Samatar, A Stranger in Olondria [debut novel, short fiction previously published]
    -- Ted Kosmatka, Prophet of Bones
    -- Ken Kalfus, Equilateral
    -- Brian McClellan, Promise of Blood [debut]

May:
    -- Daniel Abraham, The Tyrant's Law
    -- John Scalzi, The Human Division
    -- Charlaine Harris, Dead Ever After
    -- Ian Cameron Esslemont, Blood and Bone [US]
    -- Holly Black, Doll Bones
    -- Raymond E. Feist, Magician's End
    -- Chris Wooding, Silver
    -- Paul S. Kemp, A Discourse of Steel
    -- Benjamin Percy, Red Moon
    -- J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fall of Arthur [early poem, incomplete]
    -- Jonathan Strahan [ed], The Fearsome Journeys: The New Solaris Book of Fantasy

June:
    -- Neil Gaiman, The Ocean at the End of the Lane
    -- Lauren Beukes, The Shining Girls
    -- James S. A. Corey, Abaddon's Gate
    -- Christopher Priest, The Adjacent [UK]
    -- Ben Aaronovitch, Broken Homes [UK]
    -- Stephen King, Joyland
    -- Elizabeth Moon, The Limits of Power
    -- Kate Elliott, Cold Steel
    -- Ken Scholes, Requiem
    -- Will McIntosh, Love Minus Eighty
    -- Madeline Ashby, ID
    -- Stella Gemmell, The City [US]

July:
    -- Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
    -- Charles Stross, Neptune's Brood
    -- Charlie Huston, Skinner
    -- Catherynne M. Valente, The Melancholy of Mechagirl
    -- Richard Kadrey, Kill City Blues
    -- Guy Gavriel Kay, River of Stars [UK hardcover; UK ebook to be available in April]
    -- Paul McAuley, Evening's Empires [UK]
    -- Elspeth Cooper, The Raven's Shadow [UK]

August:
    -- Mark Laurence, Emperor of Thorns
    -- Naomi Novik, Blood of Tyrants [US]
    -- Jim C. Hines, Codex Born
    -- Alastair Reynolds, On the Steel Breeze [UK]
    -- Chris Wooding, The Ace of Skulls [UK]
    -- Terry Brooks, Witch Wraith
    -- Brandon Sanderson, Steelheart
    -- Michelle Sigara, Cast in Sorrow [US]
    -- Adam Roberts, Twenty Trillion Leagues Under the Sea [UK]
    -- Jeff Salyards, Veil of the Deserters
    -- Adrian Tchaikovsky, War Master's Gate [UK]
    -- Michael Sullivan, The Crown Tower
    -- Joel Shepherd, 23 Years on Fire
    -- Terry Goodkind, The Third Kingdom

September:
    -- Stephen King, Doctor Sleep
    -- Margaret Atwood, MaddAddam
    -- Michael J. Sullivan, The Rose and the Thorn
    -- Holly Black, The Coldest Girl in Coldtown
    -- Robin McKinley, Shadows
    -- Jonathan Stroud, The Screaming Staircase
    -- Steven Brust and Skyler White, The Incrementalists
    -- Jaime Lee Moyer, Delia's Shadow
    --James Gunn, Transcendental
    -- Stephen Baxter, Proxima [UK]
    -- Greg Egan, The Arrows of Time
    -- Chris Willrich, The Scroll of Years
    -- Drew Karpyshyn, Children of Fire
    -- Luke Scull, The Grim Company [US]

October:
    -- Scott Lynch, The Republic of Thieves
    -- George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois [eds], Old Mars
    -- Tina Connolly, Copperhead
    -- Catherynne M. Valente, The Girl Who Soared Above Fairyland and Cut the Moon in Two
    -- Max Gladstone, Two Serpents Rise
    -- Richard Kadrey, Dead Set
    -- Beth Bernobich, Allegiance

November:
    -- Brandon Sanderson, Words of Radiance
    -- Robert Charles Wilson, Burning Paradise
    -- Gene Wolfe, The Land Across
    -- Mira Grant, Parasite

December:
    -- Ian Tregillis, Something More Than Night
    -- George R. R. Martin and Gardner Dozois [eds], Dangerous Women
    -- John Gwynne, Malice [US]
    Last edited by mjolnir; April 20th, 2013 at 12:24 PM.