Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Riyria Revelations Author sullivan_riyria's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Glad to see others found the Orbit Spring/Summer 2013 Post. I thought I would Augment it with some dates.

April 2013
    • Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan
    • Hot Blooded by Amanda Carlson
    • The Exiled Blade by Jon Courtenay Grimwood

May 2013
    • Tempest Reborn by Nicole Peeler
    • The Red Plague Affair by Lilith Saintcrow
    • The Tyrant's Law by Daniel Abraham

June 2013
    • Love Minus Eighty by Will McIntosh
    • Cold Steel by Kate Elliott
    • Abaddon's Gate by James S.A. Corey

July 2013
    • Last Blood by Kristen Painter
    • Helen & Troy's Epic Road Quest by A. Lee Martinez
    • The Glass God by Kate Griffin
    • The Time of Contempt by Andrzej Sapkowski

August 2013
    • The Crown Tower by Michael J. Sullivan

September 2013
    • The Rose and the Thorn by Michael J. Sullivan

Paperback versions of previous hardcovers:
    • June: 2312 by Kim Stanley Robinson
    • July: The Traitor Queen by Trudi Canavan
    • August: The Blinding Knife by Brent Weeks
    Last edited by sullivan_riyria; January 24th, 2013 at 06:55 AM.

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    "Pretty much nothing in that list that I want", he said gloomily. Not that I need more books really. Lord knows that I really, really don't.

I guess for the next few months, the main books I am interested in are Red Country, Red Knight, Malice, The Twelve, Krampus Yule Lord, Rise of Ransom City, The Daylight War, Blood of Dragons and River of Stars.

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    Sorry I. The delay responding...this will be a new series, but will feature old friends. In the Riyria Revelations we see a story arc which shows the end of Riyria (a team of two thieves). The new series, The Riyria Chronicles goes back to show how it all began. The Crown Tower is releasing in Aug 2013 ad The Rose and the Thorn in September.
    Oh ok, sounds cool, Mr Sullivan. I've only read your first book so far.

Is Blood Song available in the US yet, like at B&N?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazz Wylde View Post

Is Blood Song available in the US yet, like at B&N?
    As far as I know it's always been available on B&N. That is the "self-published" version of course. I've not seen any release dates for the ACE version.

Abstainer from Foolosophy
    Mith,
    Have you seen the upcoming The Legend of Broken by Caleb Carr? I hate to recommend anything to you...but I think you might actually like this. It comes out in the US the end of November.

As for 2013 I can't remember how much a purist you are in what is fantasy and what is not. Rita Monaldi and Francesco Sorti have their third book coming out in English next April. It is much more historical fiction but there is an undertone that they allow for a magic realism or supernatural tone to some plot elements.

Also not sure if Jean-Marie Blas de Robles' Where the Tigers are at Home made much of a stir in The Netherlands, but it is getting an English publication in March of next year. I think the compares to David Mitchell and Haruki Murakami are apt enough to interest any of their fans.
    Last edited by JohnH; October 21st, 2012 at 03:44 PM.

I'm not sure when it'll be out - early-mid Summer I think - but Harper are publishing a new Tolkien book similar to The Legend of Sigurd & Gudrun, and this time it's King Arthur. I believe. Will try and dig up some details in the morning.

Rogue Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by sullivan_riyria View Post
    As far as I know it's always been available on B&N. That is the "self-published" version of course. I've not seen any release dates for the ACE version.
    Oh ok, Thanks for that, Michael. I haven't been in B&N in awhile.

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Mith,

Also not sure if Jean-Marie Blas de Robles' Where the Tigers are at Home made much of a stir in The Netherlands, but it is getting an English publication in March of next year. I think the compares to David Mitchell and Haruki Murakami are apt enough to interest any of their fans.
    Interesting book this one - has been out in the Uk for a while now, the US edition is 2013; got a copy myself and will try it as i like the writing and the premise

Lord of the Wild Hunt Mithfânion's Avatar
    Hey John,

Nice to see you're still popping in as well, let that be said first and foremost.

Of your tentative recommendations, The Legend of Broken by Caleb Carr does indeed seem quite tantalizing. Sadly there 's about zero advance reviews available sofar. But, based on the synopsis it's at least a potential (big) read. Any chance at all that I might extract some information about the book from you? It seems like a pseudo-medieval type of Fantasy, then again maybe it is not a Fantasy but actually straight up historical fiction? What made it worthwhile?

According to some trawling through amazon US -- so, you know, hmm --, Stella Gemmell's The City has been picked up for release in North America by Ace. They will release their edition in June, it seems, so around two months after Transworld publishes in the UK. [This trip into amazon's dark belly also had me running across an August 6th listing for Mark Lawrence's Emperor of Thorns, which I think we pretty much new but is still nice to see.]

Thanks for the listing of Orbit's spring / summer material, Mr. Sullivan. It seems -- based on the art director's preface to the original Orbit post with all the covers in, and also on the author's own posting of the cover since -- that the cover for Daniel Abraham's The Tyrant's Law just wasn't quite finished at the time; the book is still supposedly coming out in May, or at least that is still the target.
    Last edited by mjolnir; October 30th, 2012 at 09:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mjolnir View Post
    Thanks for the listing of Orbit's spring / summer material, Mr. Sullivan. It seems -- based on the art director's preface to the original Orbit post with all the covers in, and also on the author's own posting of the cover since -- that the cover for Daniel Abraham's The Tyrant's Law just wasn't quite finished at the time; the book is still supposedly coming out in May, or at least that is still the target.
    You are welcome. I'll add Tyrant's Law...the cover has been posted btw.

It seems like Chris Wooding's Ace of Skulls will probably be released in October. Really looking forward to this one.

Most here probably know this, but Peter V. Brett finished The Daylight War recently and indicates that February (as noted earlier in the thread), the week of the 13, is the currently scheduled release date. I cannot wait for this one.

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Actually, had no idea, but also eagerly anticipating this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksbane View Post
    It seems like Chris Wooding's Ace of Skulls will probably be released in October. Really looking forward to this one.
    Yes, but when, When, WHEN, will the Iron Jackal be available by e-book in the US? I know I can order an import book, but I have the first two on my Kindle, so I really want this as an e-book as well. These books are so good I just can't figure out why there is such a long delay this time. Of course the author's website is completely devoid of any information regarding the US/Iron Jackal thing.