Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Smile Ocean

I love the ocean, water period.

Blog Entries
    I guess I wasn't thinking much. My first name is Norman. Not very creative but whatever.

In my first IT job I worked with multiple flavors of UNIX and became (still am) a big fan if vi. My favorite shell is the korn shell ksh as it allows you to use vi commands from the prompt. hence, kshRox

(I also lived in Roxborough at the time)

ksh still runs circles around other shells including the born (bsh) and born again (bash) shells.

(imho)

From Eric Frank Russell's "Wasp"...

... where he describes a periboob as naval harassment device. A barrel sized device, placed in the enemy shipping lanes, it stays submerged until it detects approaching ship then extends a threatening periscope, just long enough to cause alarm and panic. Then it submerges again to wait for the next activity. What could be more appropriate for forum participation? -- Lurk--surface post an alarming opinion--go back to lurking. Plus folks who are not fans of SF think it just sounds dirty.

Reader-Writer-Podcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Periboob View Post
    ... where he describes a periboob as naval harassment device. A barrel sized device, placed in the enemy shipping lanes, it stays submerged until it detects approaching ship then extends a threatening periscope, just long enough to cause alarm and panic. Then it submerges again to wait for the next activity. What could be more appropriate for forum participation? -- Lurk--surface post an alarming opinion--go back to lurking. Plus folks who are not fans of SF think it just sounds dirty.
    And there was me, thinking it might have been a reference to Nicola Bryant, from 80s Doctor Who! (She played a character called Peri and she had... well, I'll leave it to your imaginations).

My name is simple enough - I needed a username for the BBC's Doctor Who forum back in the day, and this felt like a fun little reference to the Daleks. The forum didn't last, but the username has stuck.

It was what I was assigned when I was born.

It was my mother's maiden name.

I love this thread.

I'm a Nebraska Cornhusker football fan since I could understand the outcome of a game (GParents were season ticket holders... might have had something to do with it), and I live in Texas.

Banned
    I have just watched a movie of war .
    It was making me sad . And I was thinking about a world .
    Where no place for war and peace is everywhere .
    laughing face always .
    Last edited by PeterWilliam; October 26th, 2012 at 03:18 PM. Reason: external link

I was thinking of xeeshan when i was on my username.

I was thinking of Zhuge Liang from Three Kingdoms. Someone I idolize. He's like Socrates and Alexander the Great combined ;-)

Great thread, I'd wondered about a lot of the names people have already explained, so thanks!

Mine is kind of a long story, but the gist is that my undergrad roommates and I decided to try to convince everyone we were actually all brothers (well, except one of the roommates who looked older who we would call our father). We even took a family picture and had it hanging up in the living room. The plan was also to have a picture of our "mother" who would not be of the same race, but that never ended up happening.

It was only ever half-hearted, so we did a terrible job convincing anyone although I don't think anyone actually admitted the contrary. Finally, the family name we decided on was "The Seaklos." We even had a conversation lasting multiple hours on the spelling alone.

Anyway, I thought the first part of the name looked cool, even have a keychain that one of my former roommates made that says the same.