Quote Originally Posted by TheIELighten View Post
1. His Dark Materials by Phillip Pullman.

I loved the language and the worlds created, as well as the dark theology throughout. Favorite characters: Lyra, Mrs. Coulter, and Iorek Byrnison

2. Madeleine L'engle's Quintet series beginning with "A Wrinkle in Time"

I loved the concepts, the travelling, the deeper messages, and the strong characterizations of all.

3. Chronicles of Narnia Series -all except for "the horse and his boy because I haven't read it" C.S. Lewis

I liked them originally because I used to be a christian and so it delighted me to open them up and to see all of the Biblical pictures and comparisons. After my sort of reverse redemption I have decided I still adore them simply because I love Aslan, and Reepicheep, and Caspian, and yes, even Edmund.

The only fantasy I have truly read so far has been children's fantasy because when I was a kid I read everything in site and then when I grew up I kind of stopped. And now I don't have access to a library and am poorer than a churchmouse. But as soon as I move and hopefully have access to a library again I want to start reading adult fantasy.

Out of the adult fantasy I have read :
A song of Ice and Fire - first 2 books
About 5 books out of the Anita Blake series
3 books from the Mercy Jackson? She's a shapeshifting coyote mechanic who was raised by wolves?
Thanks. I like "A song of Ice and Fire".