Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    One of my favorites, with four books, is the Human Vampire series by CD Hussey. Also JR Ward, Brotherhood of the Black Dagger. I love to find a good new series! I have so many on my Kindle it is getting hard to keep track of what is new and what I have read! I wouldn't have it any other way though.

I would also have said try the Kushiel Series as well as the Dark Jewels books. Melanie Rawn's Dragon Prince & Dragon Star series is great. I would also recommend the following:

Karen Marie Moning's Highlander Series and also the MacKayla Lane series - I would give the romance for the Highlander series a 8 of 10 on the X
    MacKayla Lane Series a 6 of 10 on the X.

Michelle West - Sun Sword Series, House Name series - Epic w/magic and romance but not direct storyline
    Cast Novels - Epic, w/budding romances that are not the direct storyline

C.T. Adams & Cathy Clamp - Thrall Series - Magic w/romance - 9 of 10 on the X
    Sazi Series - Lots of magic w/lots of romance, sometimes a side storyline - 8 of 10 on the X

Check out the Crown of Stars books by Kate Elliot. A lot of people around here were annoyed by the Liath/ Sanglant storyline but there is a pretty central romantic theme to the whole thing and the Alain story is just powerful stuff. I've never seen an author of fantasy take such a central protagonist on that particular angle of a hero journey through the labrynth of adversity.