Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Six days to go. I have three scenes written - two fairly long ones, and one really short. I'm kind of getting there, but not entirely sure I am happy with it the way it is, and whether it stays "on topic" so to speak...but it sure is fun experimenting. I did end up not publishing it in parts because I had to go back and redo it several times, try out different angles and POVs etc. so yes, that was good advice from you guys/girls.

The Interview -> http://www.sffworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35184

This was meant to be an entry during the July FF. The 1000 word limit ended up being too tight though so I just let it sit and marinate for a while ...

About a week ago I decided to sit my ass down and clear up a few loose ends. I'm definitely not happy with it. So any constructive cricism would be great.

Interested in reading what everybody else has come up with so far.
    Last edited by Caedus; August 22nd, 2012 at 10:41 AM.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I won't make this round, but I'll be sure to try to read your entries. Can't promise anything, but will try!

Geez, that was hard work wrapping it up and getting it out. I have tried to be clever about this one, but feel I may have walked into my own ambush, so to speak Any comments - or if you can be bothered to read it at all- is appreciated..

The Malingerer

Blog Entries
    Looks like I have to throw in the towel for this round as well.

I realized too late where I was going wrong; if someone had asked me to write about sunshine and lollipops, I probably would have ended up with a story about insanity. My mind just tends to go in that direction. But in actually trying to write about insanity, I feel like I was just pushing myself too hard to write something really demented, and I was having a hard time stomaching the stuff that I was coming up with. It was all just too bleak, I couldn't really find the motivation.

Oh well, I look forward to reading other people's entries.

Blog Entries
    Jeeze, I hope someone else posts an entry. We have the bare minimum amount of entries necessary to still call this a competition.

Blog Entries
    Well, there's not much in the way of entries this month so I'm going to give it another couple of days before I put up a voting thread. Is everyone as creatively spent as I am right now?

Sorry, I wanted to get something in for this but with vacation, kids starting school and other writing priorities, I just couldn't find the time. Sorry.

Blog Entries
    Well, it looks like we got a whopping two entries. I'll go ahead and start a new thread with links to the two. Holla for your fave.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AZimmer23 View Post
    Well, it looks like we got a whopping two entries. I'll go ahead and start a new thread with links to the two. Holla for your fave.
    Darn it! I knew I should have entered this one! I could have won!

(Don't you roll your eyes at me. )

Middle of summer is hard to attract folks. And I'm afraid the anthology distracted everyone here even more. I'm sure next month will be hopping.