Hybrid View

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar

Revolution, on NBC

I fall for the post-apocalyptic theme as easily as I do for anything. So it's not a big surprise that I'm going to be all over this show when it begins airing this fall.

Anyone else lining up for this series release?

I am DEFINITELY looking forward to it! I am a sucker for all things apocalyptic, and post-apocalyptic.

I actually want the series to start this coming Tuesday, but it seems like my vote does not sway the network.

It is JJ Abrams, and I'm willing to give most of his non-Tom Cruise starring stuff a try. He usually has good ideas for stories.

The Olympics is good for something... I saw an add for it for the first time while watching beach volleyball... Looked pretty cool. May give me a reason to watch fall network TV that doesn't have "football" in the title.

Talking Sounds Interesting

It sounds like it might be an interesting show, look forward to seeing the first episode.

Is this loosely based on Dies The Fire by SM Stirling?

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    So far, I'm just interested enough to continue vieweing. However, if the story doesn't develop into something more than the rearrangement of set pieces soon, its going to be just too slow and too loose to keep my attention. I can live with a glacial pace in a novel (although not easily), but on the small screen I'll end up 'checking-out.'

Blog Entries
    I was just about to give up on this one completely when the last two episodes made the story very compelling. If you are a fan of Lost you will probably like where this series is going (Flashbacks to the 15 year period when the power went out to the present storyline). Some of the writing has been powerful though I still think the characters look a little too pretty.