Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjon View Post
    Well that was just silly and dumb. Nobody has a tan. Or a dog. Or practical clothing. Or dirt on them. Or a believable physique. I'm out.
    I noticed that just in the preview. One of the reasons I like Falling Skies is that at least they have tried to make the characters look the part, and oh yes, strong scripts.

Blog Entries
    I thought the concept was good, but the poor acting and overly dramatic fight scenes were too much for me. I also am out.

I made it all the way to the first commercial break! The clothes were too much for me to get past, as well as the close shaves, perfect hair-styles, the stupid back-ward cross-bows, the poor acting, and did I mention the designer clothing that appeared to be custom-fitted to each person? I am actually bummed, i have been hoping for a show that would spark my imagination, or at least hold my interest...... Oh, and the way they made the cross-bow bolts knock people back as if they had been hit by a car was dumb as dumb can be.
    Edited Addition-I am also out!

Blog Entries
    The Revolution should not be televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Spears&Buckler View Post
    You are correct! And I must say, your six words here belong on a tee-shirt! Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Spears&Buckler View Post
    LOL perfect, man!

Quote Originally Posted by JangoLee View Post
    The clothes were too much for me to get past, as well as the close shaves, perfect hair-styles, t...did I mention the designer clothing that appeared to be custom-fitted to each person?
    Yeah, that was a bit much, but I enjoyed it enough to check out the second episode and go from there.

The most disappointing thing; however, is that the actor who portrayed the hero in THE CAPE* seems to be the big bad. I hope he became a better actor since.

*THE CAPE was a fun enough show and had potential, I suspect if it was on SyFy it could have lasted longer. The main problem was the lead actor, he was just not very good

Omnibus Prime Moderator PeterWilliam's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rob B View Post
    Yeah, that was a bit much, but I enjoyed it enough to check out the second episode and go from there.
    Same.

The most disappointing thing; however, is that the actor who portrayed the hero in THE CAPE* seems to be the big bad. I hope he became a better actor since.

*THE CAPE was a fun enough show and had potential, I suspect if it was on SyFy it could have lasted longer. The main problem was the lead actor, he was just not very good
    I knew I recognized that face. I'd forgotten about The Cape, but had watched all the episodes. The evil overlord from The Cape is now playing a master-conspirator-overlord on Grimm, but I had forgotten all about that protag. It will be a point of note to see if, like you said, he is any better now than then.

Don't really watch a lot of TV but have managed to watch the first two episodes of Revolution. I actually think the SM Stirling comparisons are spot on, though I haven't read the books these are compared to. Have read other Stirling though. The show has a fairly interesting idea and story, as long as you can suspend your disbelief, but just like Stirling it ruins it with horrible characters and in this case acting too. And of course like everyone else mentioned, too glossy and everyone is a model which is annoying.

I expect I will keep watching it until is it cancelled, which will probably be soon. At least Walking Dead is coming back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    Don't really watch a lot of TV but have managed to watch the first two episodes of Revolution. I actually think the SM Stirling comparisons are spot on, though I haven't read the books these are compared to. Have read other Stirling though. The show has a fairly interesting idea and story, as long as you can suspend your disbelief, but just like Stirling it ruins it with horrible characters and in this case acting too. And of course like everyone else mentioned, too glossy and everyone is a model which is annoying.

I expect I will keep watching it until is it cancelled, which will probably be soon. At least Walking Dead is coming back soon.
    Yeah, the show misses in many areas, but something about the never completely revealed and twisting plots of Abrams can sometimes catch me (e.g. Lost). Sometimes they absolutely don't. I'll keep up with this one to follow the 'reveals.'

Also very excited for Walking Dead, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterWilliam View Post
    The evil overlord from The Cape is now playing a master-conspirator-overlord on Grimm, but I had forgotten all about that protag. It will be a point of note to see if, like you said, he is any better now than then.
    Yup, and that same guy was on True Blood...and the police Chief (Capt. Reynard) was a tough-guy on BSG: Caprica (he was actually one of the big standouts on the show). Grimm is an excellent show.

Back to Revolution...ugh, very frustrating. Of course Giancarlo Esposito has been the standout on the show and even the main guy, the uncle is pretty good, too. But Charlie, the young girl, is WAAAY too plucky and naive and has the potential to be very annoying.

That said, there's enough of the never completely revealed and twisting plots will keep me interested for at least another week.

That said, there's enough of the never completely revealed and twisting plots will keep me interested for at least another week.
    Yeah, after watching last night, I'm still in. Abrams is becoming rather adept at doling out 'just enough.'

Hmm, last night's episode seemed merely a shuffling of the set pieces. The 'big reveal' from last night's episode was so advertised, it was just flat and stale. Needs more of...just needs more.

The series is kind of growing on me. I know the acting can be pretty bad and some of the characters are annoying(the two kids who grew up) but I think the concept is interesting and the questions that are left unanswered have kept me watching. Plus, they aren't afraid of killing off characters. I'd rather watch this than the hundreds of cop/lawyer/doctor shows that are all over T.V. Series probably won't last long though. Doesn't seem like any genre T.V. series lately lasts more than a season. Wished The River and The Event got picked up for another season. Makes room for another singing/dancing competition. Yeeck!

I have found that if I fast forward every time they show Charlie the show is tolerable. That said, last nights show was pretty pointless. Wondering why they bothered to kill off a character so early, she wasn't really important in the first place and it didnt' really accomplish anything and was pretty random. And why the elaborate setup to kill Charlie? Might as well put her in a tank with sharks with laser beams. And all by a random guy who has nothing to do with the story and just got killed off anyways.