Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Fantasy in Motion: Interview
July 30th, 2012, 09:26 AM #1
- Join Date
- Dec 2009
- Fairfax, VA
- Blog Entries
Fantasy in Motion: Interview
This went live today.
Some of the questions:
- If you had to pick one, what would be your favourite book/author?
- Which fantasy authors have really stood out for you in recent times? What do you think gives them that edge over others?
- When you approach planning in your own writing, do you fly by the seat of your pants or set everything out in detail?
- How important do you think it is to research a project before writing?
- Seeing as how you started out going down the self-publishing route (and had great success), what advice would you give to someone whoís thinking of taking that route now?
- Do you find any particular types of scene more difficult to write than others? Some authors struggle with fight scenes while others fly through them, what about you?
- What do you think about writerís block? Do you believe it exists or is it a signal of a lack of research/planning?
- Have there been any times when you just havenít felt like writing? How do you overcome those feelings to get something down on the page?
- Could you tell us a little about The Riyria Revelations?
- Where did the idea/inspiration for Royce and Hadrianís characters come from?
- Are you able to say what youíre working on at the moment?