Hello all,

First, thanks to Rob and the staff at SFFWorld for opening this sub-forum. :-).

Second, since some of you may not know me all that well, I'm Paul S. Kemp (just what it says on the tin!) and I write space opera and sword and sorcery novels.

I'm probably best known for my Erevis Cale novels set in the Forgotten Realms and published by Wizards of the Coast, or possibly my Star Wars novels, set in the galaxy far, far away and published by Del Rey. I'd love to also be known for Egil and Nix, the starring duo in my original world sword and sorcery novels, published by Angry Robot Books. The first of those, THE HAMMER AND THE BLADE, is out already. The second, A DISCOURSE IN STEEL, will be released next year. My website, for those interested:

In any event, I was hoping for a place to engage a bit more often with the SFFWorld community, and it looks like I have it.

So, if you want to chat about any damned thing, I'm game. I'm a gamer, a writer, a lawyer, and a Yankee fan. I'm a huge fan Leiber, Moorcock, Brackett, and Howard. I have three young children, have been married twenty years, and live in Michigan.

At the moment, I'm working my way through THE WEIRD, an anthology of weird tales edited by Ann and Jeff Vandermeer. Highly, highly recommended. Great stuff.