Threaded View

Blog Entries

August 2012 Flash Fiction Contest

Long-winded nonsense ahead! Feel free to skip to the bottom of this post for this month's theme!

Two years ago, I started looking for something: I looked for a place to share the ideas that I had been storing in my head for so long. I had this lifelong desire to write, and I decided that it was time to take the plunge and try my hand at storytelling. After finding a few places that weren't quite what I was hoping for, I found this place.

I was lousy, but I learned. And learned. And wrote. Over time, I gained the most valuable thing a person can gain: knowledge.This knowledge, and the application of it, has made me a much happier person than the person I was two years ago. For the first time, I have a creative outlet.

I want to keep writing. I want to learn more and apply that knowledge. I want to write something really worth reading. I don't expect to ever make a career out of writing, but even if I don't I'm content; I've gained everything I wanted, for almost nothing.

This writer's forum has been one of the best discoveries of my life. And so, I have chosen a theme dedicated to sffworld, to this fortunate find that has started me down the road I have always wanted to be on.

Your theme is Discovery.

-1000 words maximum
    - Your piece must fit into the scifi/fantasy/horror categories

Post your entries in the Stories sub-forum, and post a link here in this thread. Please label your submission properly so it doesn't get overlooked. Your thread title should read something along the lines of:

August Flash Fiction Entry: Title of Story (or) Aug 2012 FF Entry - Title of Story.

Contest deadline will be Saturday, August 25th, Midnight GMT.

May you all find what you are looking for.

(Oh, and mods, please sticky this thread. Thank you!)
    Last edited by norm; August 1st, 2012 at 03:25 PM.