Exclamation Tristan Est Mort!

Those of you who have never seen the operatic production of "Le Vin Herbe" probably have no idea what this thread is about do you?

I wanted to started a thread in the general section about the best fantastical productions, plays, operas, or ballets we've seen. You be surprised just how much fantasy there is in theatre. Think of Shakespeare's "A Midsummers Night Dreame" or the infamous Nutcracker ballet? Did you ever see the faere dance? It's amazing.

So what have you seen, or, what would you like to see !?

Check out this page where I got this pic... I'm sure you all know this tune. This is the dance of the fairy.

click here

What? No replies? Haven't any of you experianced any live theatre ever at all? Come on... don't be shy! Tell us about it!

I've seen three operas so far. The Elixer of Love, The Barber of Seville and Carman. All at the Edmonton opera. I guess Elixer comes closest to being fantastacal, all three were excellent. I think there are some very talented Canadian opera singers. I plan to go to at least one more this year.
    I saw The Nutcracker Ballet once. It was performed by the Winipeg Ballet Co. I was'nt impressed. I've seen it on television and enjoyed it, but I did'nt like this production.
    I don't get out to see many plays. Last one I saw was Much Ado About Nothing, in the park. I would really love to go to Stratford, Ontario and see some plays. I think for our vacation next year that is where we will go.

Actually, I'm going to Stratford this October with Miriamele! I can't wait!

I was in Stratford in july. I was visiting my brother in Kitchener and we went down for the day. We did'nt see any plays though. I would have liked to see Christopher Plummer in King Lear, or Colm Feore as Henry Higgens.

Ok I'll bite.

As I used to work as bar manger at a theatre in Oxford I have seen a lot of productions. My favourite operas are The Magic Flute by Mozart or perhaps Puccini's La Boheme, as to ballet I was absolutely gobsmacked by the English National Ballet doing "The taming of the shrew".

Not seem much impressive Shakespeare though I blaim the performers not the author

J

I've seen many MANY theater productions--my sister is an actress. While she was in college she was in several plays and my favorites were The Tempest and Chicago. She's here in LA doing film right now (she just shot a guest star part in The Agency, but I'm not sure when the episode will air) but we still go to see live productions whenever we can. I've only been to two operas, The Barber of Seville and The Magic Flute, and was captivated...the LA opera is pretty expensive, though.

Great! Although I must be honest! I've never seen the magical flute! *bows head in shame* Although I certainly would like too!