Hybrid View

Looking for Feedback: Rosaria Of Venice

Hello! I have been testing out a story I really want to tell on a Tumblr blog. It chronicles the adventures of Rosaria Adalberto, a scientist and noblewoman in a steampunk version of the Italian Renaissance. I am interested in seeing what some fresh eyes (that is, people I do not know) react.

While I am mostly looking for feedback on the story, I also welcome any comments on the format and the blog itself. I am new to Tumblr and have not figured out all of the odds and ends, so I really could use comments and suggestions on how I can improve the reading experience as well.

The Tumblr is here: rosariaofvenice.tumblr.com

Since my content is on a blog, I am not sure if this thread is supposed to be in Promotions or not. I figured that since this is still a prototype and I am looking for feedback, that this would be the right place. If I am wrong, I apologize for the inconvenience.

In any case, pleased to meet you all, and I look forward to hearing your thoughts!

I'd love to give your story a look, but the site is blocked for me. (I live in the boonies and have to use the local library.)

Maybe you can repost it in the stories section.

Jim

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I don't have much time at the moment (and I hate reading online, love reading on my iPhone, but not on the computer screen, go figure), but I read a few paragraphs of the latest post - great stuff. Well written and gripping. You are doing great. Keep of the good work!

I'd be interested in the final version in ebook format, please.

I went to a coffeshop and the site wasn't blocked. I copied your story and will give it a read this weekend and I should be able to post something monday or tuesday.

tmso - Thank you! If you get some time to read more, I'd love to hear what you think of the rest. Any suggestions for improvement are more than welcome. I am also looking to see, when it works for people, what about it works and why.

I have some future plans for this story, though I hadn't thought much about ebooks. I'll see what I can do.

JimF - I am glad you finally got it working. By the "stories" section you mean the "Collaborative Stories" forum, correct? If other people have the same issues you had it would behoove me to take your advice and post the material there as well. Regardless, I am looking forward to your comments!

I mean the Stories sub forum, which is a sub of this writing forum. Only registered members can view it. you can see the link for it at the top of the Witing forum. The collaborative stories forum is not the one i mean, it is seperate from the writing forum.

http://sffworld.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74

Jim

Oh, okay. I see that now. Thank you!