Thread: Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch

a while back I bashed Scott over here, I dont know if he ever wanders through, and even though this is very much off topic.. Well, i bashed him here, I can apologize here. If a mod doesn't like it I wont be upset for the posting to be removed.

"Hi Scott, I would like to apologize for bad mouthing you and sending you some less that polite emails a few years back. I had sent you a copy of Lies to sign, and somewhere along the line it never made it back to me. I was in a not so good place at the time, but that doesn't work as a valid excuse for acting like a total a$#^0@e. my actions and words were inexcusable and I hope you can believe me when i say I am very sorry and remorseful for my actions. I hope all is well in your part of the world and I look forward to reading more work from you. Sincerely, a re-born fan, josh able"
    Last edited by werewolfv2; August 7th, 2012 at 11:17 AM.

On behalf of Scott Lynch, I say, WTF???

weightless astronaut
    *facepalm*

sorry, its just something that has always been bothering me. Every time I see something regarding Scott, everytime I look at one of his books on my shelf... I recall my past actions.

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Talking of Scott, here's another reason to like him, if you didn't already:

http://scottlynch.us/blog/2012/08/06...-on-the-table/ Think it's a really nice gesture, myself. We have got Emma Bull and Steve Brust fans here, I know.

But seriouslyÖ watching friends prepare for major medical issues is no fun. Especially when you have to watch from a distance. As Iím writing this, Iím still in Massachusetts. I hate the feeling of impotence and disconnection, of being able to do nothing. Itís goddamn possible cancer and heart failureÖ what the hell advice can I give, or tricks can I offer?

So hereís the new deal. Iím taking all future donations to Queen of the Iron Sands and Iím going to split them three ways. The first third Iíll keep to help finance the refurbishment of my site, the hosting bills, the commissioning of new art, the addition of useful features to make it a hub for all things Gentleman Bastard and beyond.

The other two-thirds, Iím going to donate directly to people who could use the boost. These people will change over time. But for starters, Iíd like to beg for some help on behalf of Steve and Emma.
    Mark
    Mark

Rogue Warrior
    Way to go, Scott

yeah Hobbit, i was reading that last night. authors should get special dispensation from the powers that be to avoid all health issues

Aw crap. I figured that health issues might be keeping Ms. Bull from the sequel to Territory that I so desperately crave, but I'm sorry to hear that's actually the case. And Mr. Brust, I just loaded his books up on our bookshelves in our new house. They are both amazing writers (and former indie cult rock stars as well.)

Scott's starting to sound a bit scared about all the love that is pouring in for his project and their situation, forcing him to cough up embarrassing poetry he did as a teenager as a reward at this point, but I say, keep the pressure on the man, keep donating and helping them out! He now has to write a short story called "ďCold Windings of the Murthalump.Ē This will be excellent for him, like going for a brisk run. Also, buying Bull and Brust's books -- you probably won't be sorry. I so hope they end up okay.

As for werewolv2, we forgive you on Scott's behalf. It sounds like the book just disappeared and that was a loss and must have been unpleasant. But if you wanted, you could just write him another email or post a comment on his blog saying you're sorry. I'm sure he didn't want you to lose his book, but his life has been rather chaotic the past few years.

I am trying to imagine Scott as a firefighter, also. What in the world does he do with all that hair? That can't be safe.

Might as well ask here... has there been any updates on when we can expect Republic of Thieves? I understand the reasons for the holdup, just wondering if there is any news.

Quote Originally Posted by Michigan View Post
    Might as well ask here... has there been any updates on when we can expect Republic of Thieves? I understand the reasons for the holdup, just wondering if there is any news.
    From his new blog, August 5th I think:

"Q: What the hell is going on with The Republic of Thieves?

A: My current necessary edit to TRoT has been shot all to hell by that lovely anxiety Iíve mentioned. I havenít talked much about it because I hate talking about it. I can be usefully open about my depression in a way I canít about my anxiety attacks. Sorry. Suffice to say: They are the reason we canít have nice things. I have a very good feeling at the moment, however, because I know something you do not. When I can say more, I will not be shy."

So nothing new really.

Oh that's good. He's editing and revising it. He'll have help with that from his editors as well. I think he'll make it for coming out next year.