dbdude99

short story,man awakens after midnight and discovers crew building tomorrow overnight

I'm trying to recall a short story I read back in the early 70's. A man wakes up in the middle of the night, wanders around and stumbles onto a crew of men "building" tomorrow, i.e. reality. I think they were a bunch of carpenters and electricians and there was a foreman to tell the man about this. I don't recall the ending, but I think the words "Thursday" or "Friday" were in the title. I also think this was made into a TZ or Night Gallery episode. I'm pretty sure the author is one of the top SF short story writers. Any ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by dbdude99 View Post
    I'm trying to recall a short story I read back in the early 70's. A man wakes up in the middle of the night, wanders around and stumbles onto a crew of men "building" tomorrow, i.e. reality. I think they were a bunch of carpenters and electricians and there was a foreman to tell the man about this. I don't recall the ending, but I think the words "Thursday" or "Friday" were in the title. I also think this was made into a TZ or Night Gallery episode. I'm pretty sure the author is one of the top SF short story writers. Any ideas ?
    could it be:"Yesterday Was Monday", by Theodore Sturgeon?

dbdude99
    Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    could it be:"Yesterday Was Monday", by Theodore Sturgeon?
    That's it ! Thanks Jim ! Now I have to go dig it up ....