Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Life is fantastic, yes? CMTheAuthor's Avatar
    Only nine voters? If this drop-off continues, we're going to have real problems with the Fire section.

Anyway, I left feedback on the feedback, as usual. I think people ought to check it out (in my story's thread), since apparently there were some misunderstandings going on.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CMTheAuthor View Post
    Only nine voters? If this drop-off continues, we're going to have real problems with the Fire section.
    Something tells me that the Fire theme will have a lot more entries. It seems like an easier sub-theme to run with; fire is more synonymous with disaster.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfen View Post
    Good thing I'm still up so I can go cry in a corner.
    At least you got some votes. Anyway, congrats to the winners.

Quote Originally Posted by zachariah View Post

Half-finished Job by Chris Wilson (Wulfen)

Take heart, Chris! I really like what you have going here. But you've learned the hard way why Hollywood prefers happy endings and clean-cut leads. It's very hard to get enthusiastic about a character who actively stomps on the sensibilities of the average reader, even when it's as well-crafted as this. Excellent work otherwise, with the caveat that your apocalypse is far too local. And not windy.
    I'd say mine was one of the few to incorporate the wind at all, but to each their own.

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate it. I knew I took some risks with the story when I made the main character a bit unlikable, but I hoped his charismatic voice would offset that. Apparently I was wrong in this case.

Still, probably the best story I've written. I'm disappointed that I didn't get there with it, but very satisfied with what's on the page.

Good luck to everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkarlives View Post
    At least you got some votes. Anyway, congrats to the winners.
    Gotta keep working at it! Hope to see you in the next contest.

known as Noumenon no more Andrew Leon Hudson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wulfen View Post
    I knew I took some risks with the story when I made the main character a bit unlikable, but I hoped his charismatic voice would offset that. Apparently I was wrong in this case.
    I liked his unlikeability, and the wind did blow in at the climax, but the level of destruction fell too far short of "apocalypse" in my opinion. Otherwise I thought it was a good short story.