I await psik's response with interest... the title isn't mine, btw, but io9's:
In short, the 10 are:
1. Faster Than Light Travel
2. You can have artificial gravity without spinning the ship.
3. You can stop and start without worrying about inertia.
4. Ships traveling at faster than light can communicate with other ships or planets.
5. Objects in space are bunched together.
6. You can communicate with aliens.
7. Ray guns can actually disintegrate someone.
8. Cheap energy is readily available.
9. You can travel at the speed of light and no time passes elsewhere.
10. You can travel in space without dying of radiation sickness.
What do we think? And are there any others that should be included?