Your most wished for unwritten book?

For me it would be "Iron Town Blues" the unwritten as-of-yet sequel to "Steel Beach" and "The Golden Globe" by Varley.

What are you waiting and wishing for?

I'd love one more novel in the Hell's Gate, Hell Hath no Fury series by Weber and Evans.

I'm not the biggest Weber fan, but I loved the muliverse concept in these books and the way magic and psychic powers were done.

Read interesting books
    Quote Originally Posted by JimF View Post
    I'd love one more novel in the Hell's Gate, Hell Hath no Fury series by Weber and Evans.

I'm not the biggest Weber fan, but I loved the muliverse concept in these books and the way magic and psychic powers were done.
    The main issue holding up the book is Linda Evans' health which seems to be not that good to put it mildly; afaik there is some 2/3 of the novel written so far (some by Mrs Evans, some by DW) and DW and the Baen chief Tony Weiskopff are studying ways to proceed. Let's hope something will be worked out as the teaser DW let us know from volume 5 (!) was irresistible

Spoiler:
    Dragons vs Apache Helicopters near Atlanta in our world

Back on topic, I would say that Prince Roger 5 (DW + John Ringo) or a sequel to Metropolitan/City on Fire by WJ Williams are the most wished novels that are not (yet firmly) planned

It is very obscure, but I would like to see a third book from Grant Callin to followup on Saturnalia and A Lion on Tharthee.

Brilliant books and so sad that he didn't publish more.

"Dime Store Rock"
    I would love to read sequels in Peter F. Hamilton's Night's Dawn universe or Commonwealth Saga/Void Trilogy universe

Or a book(s) set between Dan Simmons' Fall of Hyperion and Endymion.

Dune 7 written by Frank Herbert. If only....

The Last Dangerous Visions anthology written by whoever but edited by Harlan Ellison.