Hybrid View

Whoa! After all this time?

From Wikipedia:
    Vol. 7: Sword-Bound (2013) - Upcoming

For the first time in years, life seems settled for Tiger and Del. Occasionally Tiger must dance against sword-dancers bent on killing him for forsaking the oaths and vows of the circle, but for the most part it’s an idyllic life. Until Tiger’s twenty-five-year-old son accuses him of being “domesticated.” Thus challenged by his own flesh-and-blood to reclaim his legendary status, Tiger, accompanied by Del and his son, embarks on a journey northward that will test his sword skill and resolve, and lead him and Del into the dangerous path of an old enemy.
    And Dave Duncan is coming out with a new Seventh Sword novel!

Dangit, I need to find my old copies to reread! Whoada thunk they'd go back to those characters after so long?!

Would be writer? Sure. Davis Ashura's Avatar
    A new Tiger and Del novel AND a new Seventh Sword...very happy!

Yes.. extremely excited by Duncan's. The Seventh Sword is all on my top 3 series (just a few nothces below this posting). Love myself some Wallie and Nanji. (that came out differently than I meant).

I am definitely not a fan of authors who try and milk a series for a thousand books, rather than come up with something new. I know some readers love it, and it certainly pays the bills, but for me there's always a point where my interest wanes and I want to see what the author can do with new characters in a new world.

That said, neither of these authors could be accused of doing that, and it's been many years since the series in question. It'll be like meeting up with old friends.

I'm a bit worried about the Tiger and Del novel, only because last time we looked in on them Tiger was getting on in years, and I'm not sure where they can go from there that would fill an entire novel. But I do love Jennifer Roberson, so I'm hoping it'll be as fantastic as all the other Tiger and Del novels before it.

Would be writer? Sure. Davis Ashura's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pendragon View Post
    I'm a bit worried about the Tiger and Del novel, only because last time we looked in on them Tiger was getting on in years, and I'm not sure where they can go from there that would fill an entire novel. But I do love Jennifer Roberson, so I'm hoping it'll be as fantastic as all the other Tiger and Del novels before it.
    If Tiger has a twenty-five year old son, that would make him 65. I wonder where this one will go.