Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

July-August SS Voting Thread

Well, we got a whopping two entries this time around, so just go ahead and reply to the post by typing in which you feel is the superior tale with any caveats and explanations you may feel are necessary.

The Invterview by Cadeus

The Malingerer by Slynt

Okay 3 1/2 voting days and I'll announce the winner.

It could be worse. ~tmso Moderator N. E. White's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh...only three and half days? I probably won't get until this weekend to read them. could we wait until the end of the 1st?

Blog Entries
    That's fine. Midnight of the first. That gives everyone Saturday to read the two stories and vote.

Blog Entries
    Cool beans. Thanks!

I vote for The Malingerer by Slynt. It had an engrossing setting and the story had a little bit of mystery to it, though I'm sure I didn't pick up the hints. I'm not entirely satisfied with how the beginning section doesn't even mention Estevan, or doesn't seem to be from his perspective.

I liked Caedus' story as well. There was a change from Jeffrey's to Roland's perspective near the climax that was jarring.

Blog Entries
    Okay, we've only got 'til midnight (well, tomorrow morning) to pick a winner. Only one vote so far so let's get those votes in!

My nod goes to "The Malingerer."

Speaks fluent Bawehrf zachariah's Avatar
    Both very interesting and well-crafted stories, just one of those things that 'The Interview' fits my shifting definition of vote-worthy this time. Thanks for writing!

Blog Entries
    I don't know if voting is still open, but frankly I wouldn't know which story to vote for anyway. The Malingerer is a much more ambitious and detailed story, but I felt that it fell a little short of the mark; the ending wasn't clear enough, the twist at the end felt a bit random.

The Interview was a much simpler, less ambitious concept, but it didn't feel like it was broken. There was nothing that I felt needed any major fixing.

Well, hopefully September will be a bit busier. Both the Short Story and the Flash Fiction contests had extremely low attendance, probably the lowest ever. I'm looking forward to hearing this month's theme, as I've been in need of a motivator.

Blog Entries
    I'm gonna go with The Interview!

Blog Entries
    So it looks like "The Interview" takes it this time around. Ball's in your court, Cadeus!

Blog Entries
    Umm, I'd like to see the next contest get started as much as anyone else, but I'm only seeing two votes a piece for each story here.

Yeah I did frown upon said tally myself, and yes I'd like to get cracking on the next short story..

Blog Entries
    Norm, I took what you wrote as a vote for "The Interview," giving it three to "The Malingerer's" two.

Blog Entries
    Sorry for the confusion, I probably should have clarified that I wasn't favouring one story over the other.

I'll cast my vote for The Interview as well if it means wrapping this thing up and seeing the next contest get started.

Blog Entries
    So unless there are any objections, we'll go with "The Interview" then. Your go, Cadeus.