Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Robotic Spaceship Design Brain Storming

Should an AI robotic military spacecraft built for a cyborg crew with occasional human guests have any push buttons, switches, levers, flight sticks, or touch screens?

Also, can I do away with seat belts for the cyborg crew members?

Manual overrides can be achieved with USB interfaces so the cyborgs can recharges and directly control the ship at times via the single link.

A mechanical engineer thought the doors are too wide. I believe they are fine for the cyborgs who can lift weights many times greater than humans and move cargo around the ship themselves. The cyborgs wear the all black uniforms and the humans wear the camies.

I am looking at redesigning the ship for future episodes.

A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    How do the cyborgs normally interface with computers? If it's by some kind of direct link and the ship is true AI then there is no need for any visible controls. If the AI is just a glorified auto pilot then you would want an interface station or something where the cyborg pilot would 'jack in' (just for the visual look of it). Depending on how advanced your tech is none of this would be required and direct linking could be done from anywhere.

You can always have emergency manual controls pop out of the walls if required.

How long would a cyborg take to recharge from a USB port anyway? My USB batteries take forever.

The cyborgs usually communicate with the ship via long range Wi-Fi.

Yes, the ship is true AI. The ship is called Andromeda. The ship is even considered part of their platoon.

Recharging can take up to three to four hours.

Seat belts are necessary for humans with much more fragile bodies than cyborgs who are built for the battlefield with super metal alloy skeletons and indestructible bodies. The cyborgs can withstand unlimited time intervals of zero gravity and very high levels of radiation as well. The cyborgs also weigh four to five times more than humans with the same height and build with all of their metal and internal machinery.
    Last edited by Modern Day Myth; August 30th, 2012 at 07:28 AM.

And, as you can see here, the cyborgs are all a head taller than the humans.

The humans are the original builders of the cyborgs built them to be greater than humans in every way. For a whole generation now, cyborgs have been building cyborgs and AI machines themselves and making great improvement as they also upgrade their older models with improvements. That is the idea of technical singularity. Machines will surpass human intelligence and create better and smarter newer models.

I like SF. SF is cool. Steven L Jordan's Avatar
    Should I ask why your "combat cyborgs" are all well-endowed women wearing lipstick? Wouldn't clones of Mario Peebles be more appropriate? Or were these cyborgs repurposed from basketball-centric pleasure models?

At any rate, a ship for cyborgs would probably be most efficient if it resembled the inside of a Borg cube, with resting alcoves for each cyborg designed to connect them to the ship's systems, and recharge their bodies when not needed for physical activity. Since the cyborgs wouldn't need gravity, don't waste energy on it, unless you want to provide it to human passengers (probably restricted to a small area of the ship to provide for human needs and keep them out of the way of the cyborgs).

Quote Originally Posted by Steven L Jordan View Post
    Should I ask why your "combat cyborgs" are all well-endowed women wearing lipstick? Wouldn't clones of Mario Peebles be more appropriate? Or were these cyborgs repurposed from basketball-centric pleasure models?

At any rate, a ship for cyborgs would probably be most efficient if it resembled the inside of a Borg cube, with resting alcoves for each cyborg designed to connect them to the ship's systems, and recharge their bodies when not needed for physical activity. Since the cyborgs wouldn't need gravity, don't waste energy on it, unless you want to provide it to human passengers (probably restricted to a small area of the ship to provide for human needs and keep them out of the way of the cyborgs).
    Yes! Human vanity of the cyborg creators. Also, the high tech society of an Amazon world. On this Amazon world, the human cyborg creator was a man struggling for recognition in a world where women are physically superior their men. The cyborgs find out from the Amazon goddess human vanity makes humans supersize fabrications of themselves to idealistic representation over what is practical.

The cyborg leaders realize humans fear them. So, they are working to be less threatening to the humans by adopting themselves to be more human friendly.
    Last edited by Modern Day Myth; August 30th, 2012 at 06:22 PM.

I like SF. SF is cool. Steven L Jordan's Avatar
    Mmm...yeah.

A human Amazon officer, a colonel, is also jealous of a cyborg general and in a drunken rage tries to fight and destroy the cyborg. The cyborg survives the weapon and physical attacks and brings the human to her senses by scaring the life out of her of what a cyborg can do to a human, if pushed too far.

Last edited by Modern Day Myth; August 30th, 2012 at 06:29 PM.

I've been doing research on human ancestors that leads back to the Atlanteans and the Lemurians. The Lemurians are more ancient than the Atlanteans. The Lemurians seem to be a Matriarchy society that came from the stars.

So, I decided to run with that idea and imagine an older human civilization to Earth in another star system and decided to justify an Amazon culture based on women of this world genetically being physically superior to men. There can be something in the atmosphere to chemically alter the evolution of the sexes from one world to another. But, if this is the way things were since the beginning of their world and they are a star system away from Earth, no one in the story questions this development, except the cyborgs who have the curiosity of children.

Since these three cyborgs have seen both Earth, a male dominated world, and Delta Four, a female dominated world, they want to know why this difference exists.

Re seatbelts. I once met someone who was confined to a wheelchair after a car crash. Not because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt but because the guy sitting behind her wasn't. Car hits, he's hurled forward and breaks her spine. Seatbelts are good.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkMonkey View Post
    Re seatbelts. I once met someone who was confined to a wheelchair after a car crash. Not because she wasn't wearing a seatbelt but because the guy sitting behind her wasn't. Car hits, he's hurled forward and breaks her spine. Seatbelts are good.
    True, the ship can control belts appearing and vanishing for human passengers during takeoff and landing. The cyborgs can magnetically lock themselves into place because they machines that are heavier and sturdier than humans.

If anyone is interested in more of a tour of the robotic spaceship, here is its brain.

And, here are exterior shots.

Doomfarer
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven L Jordan
    At any rate, a ship for cyborgs would probably be most efficient if it resembled the inside of a Borg cube, with resting alcoves for each cyborg designed to connect them to the ship's systems,
    If the cyborgs are using long range Wi-Fi when not with the ship, there is no need to plug them in when they are in bed, unless there is a band width restriction. That is unless their ISP has a monthly download limit

Quote Originally Posted by Steven L Jordan
    and recharge their bodies when not needed for physical activity. Since the cyborgs wouldn't need gravity, don't waste energy on it, unless you want to provide it to human passengers (probably restricted to a small area of the ship to provide for human needs and keep them out of the way of the cyborgs).
    Unless they are genetically modified for zero g living the cyborgs will need to live in some form of gravity otherwise their bones will become brittle and their muscles will shrink. There would be no reason why they could not be genetically modified though. I read a story years ago when zero g humans were produced including hands as feet.

In fact genetic and prosthetic modification so that their bodies can handle say 0.1 to 2g would enhance the range of planets they can handle without any trouble would be logical.

Humans will need some genetic modification, cyborgs will not. Some of the cyborgs have cloned human brains with computer add-on modules. The rest of the cyborg anatomy is all machine any synthetic. Cyborgs all have metal alloy skeletons. Humans have bones.

There are true AI cyborgs among them with 100% machine brains with quantum computers and silicon architecture that copies human brain design with silicon instead of carbon in certain areas.

The cyborgs with cloned human brains with computer add-on modules are earlier models. This science was used to help unravel the secrets of the human brain to better understand it and improve it with the introduction of the true AI cyborgs with AC (artificial consciousness).