Cadfael

Clarke Ashton Smith

We are having our home re-wired in a few weeks, and I have been clearing out the attic space, during this chore I come across a box of books, among them were two old tatty paperbacks... The Lost Worlds of Clarke Aston Smith volumes 1 & 2... I completely forgot I had them... if they survive the handling I intend to read them again.

I am just wondering if anyone knows of other work by him, I cannot remember much about these books, but I know I enjoyed them back in the 70's... oh god I am old!!!

Ah yes, Clark Ashton Smith - I love him! He doesn't seem to have anything affordable in print at present, which is a shame. I've read four collections of his: Hyperboria, Zothique, Poseidonis, and Xiccarph, each of which being the title of a "lost world" that Smith created/wrote in. These four books were all issued as part of the magnificent Ballantine Adult Fantasy series of the early 70's. I'm not sure which lost worlds are included in your books, but you can't go wrong with any of them. I think I've reread all four at least once, with Poseidonis probably being my favorite.

Oh, yes, I think one of the books included instructions for a fountain of youth spell, but I can't remember which one. Enjoy!!