Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteMC View Post
    Oh right, I don't remember the second one at all then. Will keep an eye out for it but I can't say I'm expecting great things exactly
    Pete, actually I believe you do remember the Elfstones. Your description of the demons at least I believe is describing the 2nd book, the Elfstones where the Reaper, Changeling and the rest of the Demons escape the Forbidding? The 3rd is the Wishsong and also was good. But like you I haven't read these for probably 15 years so I could be confused too!

Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Fantasy_Ice View Post
    Pete, actually I believe you do remember the Elfstones. Your description of the demons at least I believe is describing the 2nd book, the Elfstones where the Reaper, Changeling and the rest of the Demons escape the Forbidding? The 3rd is the Wishsong and also was good. But like you I haven't read these for probably 15 years so I could be confused too!
    You are not confused, but are absolutely correct.

I'd personally love to see an Elfstones series. Like many, I haven't read this in 20 years but it was definitely my favorite of the original trilogy which is as far as I got with Brooks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sci_Fantasy_Ice View Post
    Gotcha, my mistake and that's definitely the one I'm thinking of. In which case, this could be quite entertaining.

I guess starting with the second book is a good way to avoid the more direct LOTR comparisons. Or maybe it's a case of the rights to the first book being tied up somewhere else. That said, Elfstones was always my favorite; I burned through the entire thing on Christmas Day after getting it as a gift.

One caveat though: Sonar Entertainment used to be Robert Halmi Productions, the company responsible for mini-series like Tin Man, Earthsea and Dinotopia. So temper your expectations based on how you felt about those.

Oh dear, Earthsea did not go down well from what I remember.

Never saw that, but I did like Tin Man in a bonkers kind of way.

Lord of the Frozen Wastes
    I've never read any of the Shannara series. Though I had read the first Landover novel, and I enjoyed it a decent amount. Besides I'm always down for a new fantasy television series or movie adaption. They're not always the greatest but some times you get gems like Game of Thrones or the most recent Sinbad series.

YaY!

Shannara <3