Speed reading software

I was wondering if anyone out there was using speed reading software to plow through eBooks?

I love reading, but I am ponderously slow at it and I never seem to have enough time to read. I thought I would turn to technology to see if I can improve my reading rate.

First I used a text to speech software called Balabolka. It is a great little ap and you can adjust rate and pitch so it doesn't sound like a chipmunk. When set at max speed it goes by at about 420 words a minute. It took a while to get up to there. While Balabolka was reading aloud I followed along on my Kobo. I thought it was great. You can also save ebooks to an audio file to playback on a phone or tablet. I really enjoyed this and my reading speed pretty much tripled.

But I thought I could do better so I found an Ap called speed reader for android. It Flashes words one at a time, sequentially, at a very high rate. It can load txt files, .epub or even PDF. At first I didn't think I would like it but within a day I was reading at 700 words per minute and enjoying the story. It is almost like having a story injected into my brain.

Any one else using speed reading software? any good ones for the PC you know of?

Jim

I seen one but once it got above 250 words/minute, it gave me a bit of a headache. Of course, maybe that's just me.