Help!! Trying to remember a series of pulp fantasy novels...

I'm trying to remember the author & title(s) of a series of fantasy novels.

I used to read them in my early teens (i.e. early 1990s), so I'm imagining they were published during the 1980s.

They were definitely fantasy, in that they were set in some kind of mythic past. I have a feeling the main characters were a male warrior and a female. I have a strong impression that the male warrior carried a double-bladed axe which he used quite liberally.

The series was quite violent as I recall, though bear in mind that I was about 13 at the time I was reading them so this recollection is not necessarily to be trusted.

I feel as though the covers tended to always portray the main characters, both of whom were quite skimpily dressed: though I realise that doesn't really narrow the field much in the genre of pulp fantasy!!

And I'm getting the letter "H", as though one of the main characters names began with H...like Hawk, or Hammer, or...aggghh!

This problem has been bugging me on and off for the last 15 years. If anybody has any clues I'd greatly appreciate it!!!

More unhelpful recollections

I'm less certain there was a female main character. The male warrior was definitely there, however, and he definitely had a powerful, double-bladed axe. And it was definitely a series, in that there was more than one or two books. Hawkeye? Hammerhawk? Grrr.

Unfortunately I can't recall any of the plots (though perhaps they weren't that memorable!).

Administrator Administrator Hobbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's not the Raven series by Richard Kirk, is it? (Richard Kirk was a pseudonym for Robert Holdstock and Angus Wells)

Link to show covers: http://robertholdstock.com/biblio/wo.../raven-series/
    Mark

Maybe Simon Green's Hawk & Fisher series?

Quote Originally Posted by rlp View Post
    Maybe Simon Green's Hawk & Fisher series?
    That's it!! Thank you!!!