New Fantasy Trilogy: The Throne of Tranith Argan

Thanks to sffworld for providing this nice forum for authors. I've recently published book I of a new fantasy trilogy called The Throne of Tranith Argan. Book I is "Arenar and Elaria" for it involves those two lands prominently in the plot.

Book II is "The Wilderness of Shakaart."

Book III is "The Great Alliance."

What is my book like in the universe of fantasy? Well, it's not like Game of Thrones, so don't let the word "throne" fool you. My story is far less dark, less convoluted in plot than the great GoT series. Don't get me wrong, those are great books to read, but the tone is just different. If that's your thing, maybe my books will be of less interest.

But if you have fond childhood memories of the first time you read Robin Hood or King Arthur, or you like the personalities of the characters in Tolkien's tales, I hope you will enjoy my tales too.

Enjoy it or not, I am always glad to hear from readers. Even criticism is welcome for as writers we can always learn and improve.

Amazon link: http://www.amazon.com/kindle/dp/B008OARXZ8/

I sincerely hope it continues to find an audience who appreciates it. The reviews so far have been very kind.
    Last edited by NickAkmakjian; January 6th, 2013 at 09:55 PM.

By the way, how would you pronounce "Arenar"? I've recently heard it said in a way that never occurred to me and I'm curious how common this is.

I'll tell you my way of saying it after I hear some responses.

Quote Originally Posted by NickAkmakjian View Post
    By the way, how would you pronounce "Arenar"? I've recently heard it said in a way that never occurred to me and I'm curious how common this is.

I'll tell you my way of saying it after I hear some responses.
    This is a serious question, btw. I'm genuinely interested to hear how people think it should be pronounced.

$500 to the first person who responds*

* Offer not valid on days that end in "y".

R N R, then after reading further, R Nar.

Quote Originally Posted by lolrus View Post
    R N R, then after reading further, R Nar.
    Thanks for confirming this. That was how I recently heard it said and believe it or not, it was the first time it occurred to me that I had accidentally named a land "R & R"! Oh well, such are the pitfalls of inventing names.

For what it's worth, I always say it as Err-in-are. Or given today is Talk Like a Pirate day, err-in-arrrrr.

Elaria was originally Elurea before I noticed that gave it the suffix "urea"...

Attention Nook users: My book is now on the Nook!

And today (the 5th) is my birthday. It would make a lovely birthday present if you would buy my book

I'm pleased to say that book two of the trilogy, The Wilderness of Shakaart, is now in the Amazon Kindle store. Free if you are an Amazon Prime member, or just $3.99 otherwise.

Book two is about 450 pages in paper, so it's a substantial book, and it continues the next morning after book one and forms what will be one continuous journey through the trilogy.