Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    A chuffing heffalump Chuffalump's Avatar
    I always liked Neal Asher's golem. Equipped with human emulation routines limiting movements and simulating breathing or sweating etc but with the ability to turn these emulations off. When not running emulation routines the golem move more smoothly, their joints are no longer limited in range of movement etc etc.

The reason for the emulation in the first place - to make it easier for humans to relate to them.

I like SF. SF is cool. Steven L Jordan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuffalump View Post
    The reason for the emulation in the first place - to make it easier for humans to relate to them.
    It makes sense. Humans have spent millennia dealing with other humans and animals based on being able to read their body language, even before communication or cooperation was feasible. What better way to make robots relatable than to give them mannerisms that would fit either humans or animals (either works, often dependent on the task)?

Further in the future, I could see robots taking on their own unique mannerisms to fit their "evolution" and task assignments.

I think it is a great idea that you decided to start a fiction on robots.I think one day robot will be one of the most talked topics of the world

I like SF. SF is cool. Steven L Jordan's Avatar
    It was, at one point; now, not so much. That's why I'm thinking the concept needs revitalization, beyond the questions of social status, intelligence and human replacement, and on into the relationships between humans and robots.

Quote Originally Posted by johnrex View Post
    I think it is a great idea that you decided to start a fiction on robots.I think one day robot will be one of the most talked topics of the world
    That is funny. A few days a ago I did a Google Trends search on "science fictio" and "robotics". They both went down from 2004 to 2008 and have continued going down since 2008 but at a slower rate.

psik