If your like me, you try and get any new Fall/Halloween books before October. I personally start down the Halloween path on September First, and typically rotate books in and out every other year. Once I hit October I read all the classics that I never rotate out; Halloween Tree, Something Wicked This Way Comes, A Lonesome Night in October, H.P. Lovecraft, ect.

If there's one seasonal book you pick up this year, itís Deadfall Hotel by Steve Rasnic Tem. I caught it out of the corner of my eye earlier this year, and somehow it got unintentionally shelved until September. It was simply amazing; hauntingly beautiful and perfect for the season. Reminiscent of Bradbury and the Addams Family; Iíve got a feeling that this book will be on my permanent October list.

Thus far, this is the first new item Iíve added to my fall queue. Last year, based on this siteís recommendations I added The Wendigo, and The Willows by Algernon Blackwood, and Iíve got to admit out of all the horror Iíve read, I never expected two stories from before 1910 would horrify me the most. (I literally could not read The Wendigo at night).