Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Blog Entries

Reading in October!

Currently reading "The Golden Fool" by Robin Hobb. Nearly finished it and it's great! Has a few characters from the Liveship books so you may wan't to refresh your memory on them first. They don't play a big role but its sucks trying to remember who and what they did.

Sorry Mr Barclay had to stop reading your book as soon as Golden Fool arrived. Will hopefully get back to it after.

Also reading the second Earthsea book at work.

Re: Reading in October!

Originally posted by Caldazar
    Currently reading "The Golden Fool" by Robin Hobb. Nearly finished it and it's great! Has a few characters from the Liveship books so you may wan't to refresh your memory on them first. They don't play a big role but its sucks trying to remember who and what they did.

Sorry Mr Barclay had to stop reading your book as soon as Golden Fool arrived. Will hopefully get back to it after.

Also reading the second Earthsea book at work.
    Oh how I envy you! :[ I should have never read FE last month, this is killing me! You know, in February I was looking at the release dates and was really looking forward to a wonderful fall filled with Martin, Jordan, and Hobb...oh well. I made a library run last night and picked up the following:

Daughter of the Forest
    Son of the Shadows
    Child of the Prophecy
    The Barbed Coil
    Lonesome Dove
    Riddle-Master Trilogy

Not to mention I still have A Song for Arbonne which is due in a week, so I suppose I need to stop putting it off and get cracking. :]

This month, I'm reading The Golden Compass by Pullman. I can say that I'm quite happy with the book so far and will be reading the rest of the trilogy soon.
    Other than that, I might finish up Rhingold by Stephan Grundy. I really love Norse/Germanic mythology, so this book is my cup of tea. However, it's a little ponderous, so I had to give it a break after finishing part I.

Now, where was I?
    Hope I can finish "A Game of thrones" by GRRM tonight, afterwards, I'll read "Assassins Apprentice" by Hobb, then I think I'll give DAvid Eddings a try by reading "Pawn of Prophecy".

Started Teckla by Brust last night. I read Jereg (sp?) more than 10 years ago. It is Ok (easy reading) but not not great (which explains why I waited so long.

Got the letter today that Golden Fool has arrived, so i'll be collecting that tomorrow

I'm going to finish up The Fellowship of the Ring and try to finish of the series before the end of the month. That should probably fill my month up.

Right now I'm reading (finishing) Mary Gentle's first Ash book.

Uh, Moderator
    What did you think Valada?
    Are you reading the edition put out in Australia? "If so there should be only one book...

Still reading John Marco's Grand Design. I'm hoping to have it and the last book in the trilogy finished off in a couple weeks. Awesome series so far!

Originally posted by Zaknafein
    Hope I can finish "A Game of thrones" by GRRM tonight, afterwards, I'll read "Assassins Apprentice" by Hobb, then I think I'll give DAvid Eddings a try by reading "Pawn of Prophecy".
    No no no, you'll read AA and then you will have to read Royal Assassin, Assassin's Quest, the Live Ship Traders Trilogy and finally Fool's Errand!

Leisure time optimizer Moderator Nimea's Avatar
    Reading Mary Gentle's Ash, the UK edition.

Due to school, having a nasty cold and the fact that I'm a slow reader I'm still on Jordan's The Great Hunt .I really want to get reading again as its a good book.

These are my fave threads!

Currently, having finished, Pullman's Amber Spyglass... I've diverted to reading Coronation Everest by Jan Morris. I LOVE Jan Morris. He/she/he/she is one of the most amazing descriptive writers I've ever encountered. Other books by her include The Matter Of Wales and Hong Kong. She does (did) a lot of travelogues that are just stunning.

Anyway... after I'm done with that, I'm going to move onto the second book in the Otherland series finally.

Just finished Red Dragon by Thomas Harris, ooooo, that's gonna be a good movie (still have to see Manhunter, the original adaptation).

Right now I'm reading Donaldson's Mirror of her Dreams. Good so far, I'm exactly 18% into it.

Olivaw